11 Unexpected And Creative Uses For Command Hooks
October 12, 2015
There’s no denying that Command hooks are super convenient when it comes to hanging something on the back of the door, but there happens to be other very handy uses for these little wonders. Check out these eight new uses for Command hooks.
1.Hide cable wires. All those wires–whether it’s for the TV, computer or iPhone charger–can become a tangled, unsightly mess. Stick the hooks at the back of your desk and run cables through them.
2. Hang curtain rods. For lightweight rods, simply hang them with larger command hooks–and skip the holes in the wall!
3. Organize kitchen utensils. Use hooks to hanging knives from kitchen tiles or measuring cups and spoons on the inside of cabinets.
4. Put up holiday or party décor. If you don’t want to make holes in walls or peel paint with tape, then simply hang decorations–such as streamers and wreaths–with the hooks.
5. Set up shower caddies. Shower caddies often slip from the shower head’s neck, so hang them more securely on the opposite wall. Just make sure to use the hooks designed to handle the steamy shower.
6. Store pot lids. Storing pot lids is a true pain–they just get in the way, fall over, etc. So fashion a holder with two hooks on the inside of a cabinet door that keeps lids up and out of the way.
7. Organize wrapping paper. Create gift wrap rolls with two Command hooks and a dowel.
8. Hang pots and pans. Kitchen not equipped to handle a hanging pot rack? No problem. Keep your pots and pans easily accessible by hanging them from the heavy-duty Command hooks placed on the wall above your stove.
9. Store handbags. Rather than stuffing your beloved bags in storage bins, arrange Command hooks on the inside of a closet door, then hang your handbags from them. They’ll keep their shape better and it will also be super easy for your to find the exact purse you’re looking for.
10. Display scarves. An easy way to keep scarves organized and wrinkle-free? Hang them from command hooks on the inside of your coat closet door. This way whenever you reach for a coat or jacket, you can grab a matching scarf right there, too.
11. Keep necklaces organized. No one likes untangling necklaces, which is why hanging them from Command hooks is genius. Plus, you’ll never have to dig through a jewelry box to find the one you’re looking for.