Give Your Cardigans A Much-Needed Break: 5 Sweaters To Try Instead This Fall
September 25, 2012
Fall is here! And what makes us so excited for the season is the number of sweaters and knits we can finally unearth from our closets and wear literally everyday. But with so many types of knitwear out there, it’s tough to figure out which styles you exactly need to celebrate autumn in style. Luckily, we’ve narrowed it down to five top choices—and a slideshow of our favorite picks online—that give you plenty of choices for the rest of the year’s cooling temps.
- Graphic: The runways for fall were filled with graphic sweaters. We love the crazy selection of quirky messages and cool icons that’s available this season. Make a statement with this type of sweater and then work your outfit around it.
- Crew Neck: While we’re still lovers of the V-Neck sweater, we definitely prefer a simple and effortless crew neck for fall. It’s the perfect pedestal for a bold collar, another major trend for the season.
- Turtleneck: This retro look is having a comeback! Have a go at it this autumn. It totally saves you from wearing a scarf all day.
- Colorblock: Dizzying prints and patterns aren’t meant for knits. Instead, when it comes to colorblock sweaters, opt for a varsity-style look that’s more about dramatic geometric shapes.
- Mesh: We consider this netted look the perfect in-between seasons sweater. But you can easily add some shelf life to this breezy knit by layering underneath a basic tank to t-shirt. It adds a cool effect if you play with colors or prints (like wearing a striped shirt under a solid color sweater).