How To Wear Leopard Print Without Looking Like You're From The Jersey Shore
October 11, 2012
Animal prints may have been steadily infiltrating stores for the past few years, but some women are still hesitant to get in on the print game (we can probably thank Snooki for that). All it takes is a tiny big of guidance and a shot of confidence to wear the bold looks, so take a cue from our new book, Wear This Now, to find out how to rock animal prints like leopard, zebra, cheetah and snakeskin!
1. Scale animal prints to your size. Tighter prints like cheetah and leopard look great on most people, but larger prints like cow and giraffe have lots of white space, so they’re harder to pull off. It’s best to try them in small doses like belts, shoes or small handbags.
2. Pair animal prints with neutrals like black, khaki, camel, cream and white, and they’ll always be in style.
3. If you want to try leopard in a big statement-making way, we love a leopard look in fall. The rest of your outfit should be understated, though.
4. Remember that you’ll be calling attention to wherever you put the animal print, so put it on your best feature.
5. If you want to ease into leopard, try lining a coat or a bag or choose a great pair of shoes with just a touch of leopard as an accent so it’s not overpowering.
Now that you’re feeling at least a tinge more confident, flip through our favorite animal printed styles and get shopping!
For more tips and tricks on how to dress for any occasion, pick up our new book, Wear This Now, or check out the 5 fashion commandments to live by, what to wear to fashion week, or read up on the best styling tricks for when you’re sick of your closet.
[Photo Credit: Late Afternoon Blog]