5 Fall Prints You Need To Know (And Own)
August 27, 2012
Every season, prints come in so many choices that it might be hard to keep track. And for those patterns that occur to be on trend every season (stripes, florals, animal print), it’s tough to decipher which is the latest look. Lucky for you, we’ve come up with five prints for fall that you should be adding to your closet—and a slideshow of our favorite products so you can easily get started. You’re welcome!
- Blanket Stripes: Unlike the usual Breton stripe, this print is found on cozy textures, like sweaters and ponchos, in a variety of colors and sizes. The thicker the stripe, the better.
- Dark Florals: While florals are always affiliated with spring and summer, this feminine print takes a turn for the dark side in dramatic hues and lush tones.
- Colorful Lace: Like florals, colored lace, such as a chartreuse yellow, can also electrify a regularly ladylike material into something more eye-catching.
- Python: Every season, there’s also an animal-print-of-the-moment, this fall, stock up on python or snakeskin-style prints, a slithery chic motif.
- Digital: We mentioned this kaleidoscopic, abstract print before as a staple for fall, and we’ll say it again—psychedelic patterns are easy statement pieces to add to your wardrobe.