5 Signs You're Oversharing Your Kids on Facebook...
January 20, 2012
I love Facebook as much as the next mom, but my goodness do I see some crazy things on there. And not that it’s okay, but I kind of expect craziness from my younger cousins. But from my mommy friends? Ladies, chill out! Everything is not meant to shared. Especially when it comes to your children.
So before you post the next time, please make sure it’s not one of these.
1. You posted a pic of your pee stick. Plain and simple, no one wants to see that.
2. You’re Facebook friends know your kid’s full name and birth date. And I’m not talking about your FB friends who are also relatives. I’m talking about random old co-workers or acquaintances you barely know. All that’s missing is your kid’s SS#.
3. You Facebook’d your delivery in real time. “Having contractions.” “Pushing now.” “Baby crowning.” “Head out.” “It’s a girl!” Thanks for the play by play, but all I really need to know is you had a healthy baby. K? Thx!
4. You’ve posted a pic of your kid in the bath tub. Sure, a naked baby is cute to you. But it just makes everyone else feel weird and uncomfortable.
5. You “check in” every time you drop your kid off at school. Or karate class. Or the playground. For one, nobody really cares. But more importantly, if someone did care–say a stalker!–you’re making it way too easy for them.
Any other warning signs moms should be aware of? Share in the comments.
Sign up for our newsletter to get even more finds delivered right to your inbox.
Click here to email Jeanine, the author of this post.