5 Simple Tips For Making Your Wedding Run Smoothly
July 18, 2011
Your wedding is a celebration, not an obligation – so make sure it doesn’t feel like the latter. Here are a few simple suggestions for making sure your guests are never tired, hungry, bored, or overly imbibed.
1. Let your officiant know that time is of the essence. Choose an officiant that understands that it’s a wedding, not a soapbox or a Sunday service.
2. Greet your guests during cocktail hour, not dinner. Or if you’re the non-traditional sort, and you and your groom aren’t spooked by the idea of seeing each other before the wedding, welcome your guests pre-ceremony!
3. Don’t let toasts get the most of your reception. Appoint your toastmasters in advance and don’t offer the mic to the floor. If Uncle Mitch really has his heart set on making a toast, he can let someone know in advance.
4. Don’t wait to cut that cake. People love cake. When they don’t get it, they get fussy. Need we say more?
5. Get out of there! You don’t have to shut the party down. Put your bridesmaids and your DJ on alert, and get ready to make a fabulous exit – that lets others know the end is near.
You’ve had your helping of sage wedding advice, now go feast your eyes on our fab bridal finds. Shop our guides to the best outdoor wedding dresses, wedding shoes with bows, and bridal hair accessories.