7 Fall Denim Trends That Give Your Go-To Skinny Jeans A Run For Their Money
September 4, 2012
Nothing says “fall has arrived,” more than a new pair of jeans, but for the last 4 seasons, it seems like we’ve been stuck in a bit of a skinny jean rut. If you’re still a fan, there are several celebrity-approved adaptions of the skinny for fall — polka dotted, coated, floral and more. If you’re sick to death of ’em, you’ll find new silhouettes like the slouchy fit jean (famous for its drop-crotch) and tuxedo-stripe pants that make your legs look instantly slimmer. Score!
1. Coated Denim: The coated denim style may feel a little waxy but it is the vegan (and cheaper) alternative to leather. Plus it’s a celebrity favorite and adds a little shine to your everyday look.
2. Floral Denim: First we started with floral denim shorts which were all the rage this summer, then we reached a floral printed trouser stage so it only makes sense to bring the bloom into the colder months. Since designer and celebrities alike are on board with this trend, we suggest you integrate them into your wardrobe.
3. Slouchy Fit Jeans: Some days stretching into your skinny jeans just doesn’t feel right. Perfect for the weekends and lazy days, the slouchy fit jeans are a no brainer. Fashion bloggers pair them with stilettos pumps for a classier look or Gwyneth can put your whole outfit together with this fit.
4. Polka Dot Jeans: Definitely a celeb favorite (Jessica Alba, Emma Roberts), the polka dot is fresh and cute. Keep it to darker colors for the fall. Easily paired with a blouse or fitted T shirt for the girl on the go.
5. Tuxedo Stripe: Much like the beloved miracle or illusion dress style of the season, the tuxedo stripe jean is super flattering and ultra slimming. Hence the exploding tuxedo trouser pant of the fall. Shedding LBs one stripe at a time.
6. Textured Jeans: An offshoot of the hugely anticipated baroque fall trend, textured jeans are edgier than your casual skinnies. Go for a brocaded print or try something studded or embellished for a true shows stopper. Pair with moto boots to really up the ante.
7. Star Print: Star printed denim have been spotted on real life stars such as Khloe Kardashian, Rachel Bilson and Jessica Alba so we think it has true fame power. Plus it’s a nice break from boring ol’ denim jeans.
Click through above and shop your next favorite pair of jeans!