8 Things Millennials Should Always Have Stocked In Their Pantry
August 5, 2015
Considering the majority of us order take out every single day, millennials very rarely cook. But, my friends, it’s time to grow up and start cooking! Even if you don’t cook, though, there are certain foods you should always have in your pantry. If you’re in a bind and need to whip something up quickly, you’ll be set. Here are eight things every millennial should keep stocked in their pantry.
1. Pasta. I mean, this is pretty self-explanatory.
2. Olive oil. This simple ingredient can be used in virtually any recipe.
3. Peanut butter. It’s a yummy snack to have on hand for when you want a quick sandwich or dip for fruit/veggies, like apples and celery. Peanut butter can also be used for a bunch of sauces and marinades.
4. Rice and quinoa. You can seriously make so many dishes with rice and quinoa. They can either be a side dish or the main ingredient.
5. Sriracha. This condiment gives any food an instant lift.
5. Garlic and onions. Add some life to your meals with garlic and onions. Onions especially are extremely versatile and can be used in soups, sauces, salads, etc.
6. Beans and lentils. These foods are great for making sauce and chili. Also, if you don’t have any protein on hand, beans/lentils can easily be your substitute.
7. Rolled oats. Make breakfast, cookies, pancakes and more with rolled oats!