Beat The (Dry) Heat--Here Are 5 Advantages To Owning A Humidifier
December 14, 2015
It’s that time of year when the air inside your home or office turns dry…super dry. You can thank your heating systems for that. Dry air is not good because it’s not only physically uncomfortable to sit or sleep in, it can affect your respiratory system and your skin. Combat dry winter air with a humidifier. They come in all shapes and sizes (there are even travel humidifiers!) and they are really great for your health. Here are five advantages of using a humidifier.
1. Get glowing skin. Soothe dry, rough skin by sleeping with a humidifier. It will put moisture back into the air, which helps your skin maintain a natural glow.
2. Reduce sinus problems. Dry air is one of the worst things if you have sinus problems. Your sinuses won’t drain or function properly, plus dry air can cause nose bleeds! No one wants that. Lubricate your nasal passage with a humidifier and allow yourself to breathe in the moist air.
3. Get better faster. If you come down with a cold, have allergies or asthma, you should highly consider investing in a humidifier. It will help shorten the amount of time you take to heal. Plus, humidifiers reduce symptoms like coughing and sneezing.
4. Alleviate snoring. If you or your partner snores at night, this may be your cure. A humidifier will moisten your throat and prevent it from drying out and it will relieve that seriously annoying snoring sound.
5. Keep houseplants alive. Houseplants look lovely and all, but that means you have to take care of them. The dry air will suck any moisture from your plant’s soil, so not only will a humidifier benefit you but it will also help your plants survive the dry winter.