Breast Cancer Awareness Month: Think Pink Beauty Finds
October 8, 2007
So you’ve been inspired and re-committed yourself to doing a monthly self breast exam. Good for you! Now go a step further and start cashing in on some of the superb offers donating a portion of their proceeds to the cause. You’re going to buy anyway, so you might as well allot your monthly shopping budget to those items whose reach will extend beyond your medicine cabinet. Here are a few to get you started:
1. Darphin Rose Aromatic Care ($75) smells so sweet because it’s made with rose, hazelnut, evening primrose, and sweet almond oils. Great for extra dry skin, the soothing essence is available in a limited edition pink bottle through the month of October and Darphin will donate 15% of the proceeds to The Breast Cancer Research Foundation.
2. As the weather gets colder, I’m happy to give my beloved bronzer a rest in favor of rosy cheeks. VonNatur At First Blush ($16) is the perfect shade of pink for any skin tone to achieve that “I just hopped off the ski lift” glow. 10% of sales from VonNatur’s PINK products will be donated to the National Breast Cancer Foundation.
3. You don’t have to actually be a mother to appreciate the ultra luxurious vedaMAMA RELAX Body Butter Cream ($50). The chocolate mint cream not only smells good enough to eat, but actually is! Made from completely organic natural ingredients, the cream is actually safe to eat, though it doesn’t taste nearly as good as it smells (I had to try). Not content to help for only this one specified month, vedaPURE will donate 25% of each sale for an entire year to The Breast Cancer Research Foundation.
4. Sephora Super Shimmer Lip Gloss Forever Pink ($10) is a shiny, sparkling, shimmering hint of color. This lip gloss delivers luscious lips that will last for hours and hours! $1 of the sale of this item will be donated to The Breast Cancer Research Foundation.
5. Philosophy Shower for the Cure ($20) is a creamy all-in-one formula that can be used as a shampoo, shower gel or bubble bath. This long-time Philosophy favorite contains a touch of milk proteins and fruit essences to provide a delightful experience for your senses. 100% of the Philosophy net proceeds from the Shower for the Cure is donated to the Women's Cancer Research Fund.
And people say the beauty industry is strictly superficial.