Every Girl Should Have These 8 Items In Her Makeup Bag
August 11, 2015
Looking in a girl’s makeup bag is like looking into her soul. Everyone’s bag is so different and it really says something about their personality. Some girls carry their entire makeup collection and others only carry some lip balm and a mirror. Although every girl’s makeup bag contains a range of items, there are certain items that every girl should keep in their makeup bag. Check them out below!
1. Lip balm. To be honest, I don’t trust anyone who claims they don’t use lip balm. This beauty product is straight-up essential to any beauty routine even if you’re a minimalist. Lip balm will protect your lips from harsh weather and keep them soft and nourished.
2. A mirror. I mean, how can you do your makeup on-the-go without a mirror? Let’s be serious.
3. Hand lotion. No feeling in the world is worse than dry hands (well, maybe dry lips) so hand lotion is a necessity. Buy a travel size from your local drugstore so a big bottle/tube doesn’t take up space.
4. Band-aids. Hey, you never know when you’ll get a scrape. It’s better to be prepared and they take up virtually no space.
5. Mini Swiss army knife. I bought myself a mini Swiss army knife and everyone made fun of me for it, but I can’t tell you how much I use it. If I notice at thread hanging from a shirt, I simply cut it off with the little scissors. The tweezers and nail file are helpful, too!
6. Eyeliner. For some reason, I can never get eyeliner to stay on my eyes for a long period of time. Keep it in your makeup bag for touch-ups throughout the day or night.
7. Lipstick or lip stain. Between all the eating and drinking you do throughout the day, it’s rare that a lipstick/lip stain will last the entire day. Store a few colors in your bag so you can give yourself options.
8. Perfume. Keep a rollerball of your favorite perfume in your makeup bag in case you need a scented pick-me-up.