From Honey To Rose Petals, Here Are 6 At-Home Remedies To Soothe Dry Lips
January 25, 2016
I’ve been experiencing seriously dry and chapped lips this winter. Normally, I can get away with just using lip balm, but this season nothing seems to be working. My lips feel rough and dry and I’m so over it. I’ve been trying lip scrubs and all different kinds of lip balm, but nothing seems to be truly solving my problem. In case you’re in the same boat as me, here are six at-home remedies to soothe your dry lips.
1. Honey. Raw honey has amazing benefits. Apply pure honey to your lips several times a day. Honey is a humectant, which means it attracts and retains moisture, so you can bet this will help your dry lips.
2. Coconut oil. It’s a natural moisturizer! Rub some coconut oil on your lips several times a day. Put some coconut oil in an old contact case to take it on the go.
3. Cucumber slices. Cucumbers are primarily composed of water, so of course, this is the perfect solution to dry lips. Apply cucumber juice or slices to your lips and you’ll regain all the moisture you lost!
4. Sugar. Make your own lip scrub with sugar and honey. Gently exfoliate your lips to remove any dead skin cells. This will leave your lips feeling super soft.
5. Rose petals. Use rose petals to soften your cracked lips. Make a rose petal paste by washing petals thoroughly in water, soaking them in milk and mashing them into a thick paste. Apply the paste to your lips before going to sleep.
6. Aloe vera gel. Obviously, aloe vera gel is great for dry skin. It doesn’t only restore moisture, but it will ease any pain associated with dry/cracked lips. Apply aloe vera directly to your lips.