Happy Earth Day! Here Are 10 Eco-Friendly Kid's Brands You Should Know About
April 22, 2011
Even though we’ve been featuring our favorite “green” finds all month long, we decided to go all out today because it’s Earth Day. So allow us to present 10 brands doing amazing, eco-friendly things. From baby clothing to toys, here’s proof going “green” really isn’t that hard.
1. Kicky Pants. All of the adorable baby clothes Kicky Pants makes are made from bamboo, which is an eco-friendly, sustainable crop that grows without fertilizers or pesticides.
2. Little Twig. These luxurious baby bathing products only contain organic ingredients, plus they’re paraben-, sulfate- and phthalate-free.
3. 3 Sprouts: This playful collection of storage essentials and hooded towels is made from soft, durable organic cotton and heavy weight organic cotton canvas.
4. BabySoy: These ridiculously cute baby clothes are made from a combination of organic cotton and soft fiber of soybeans. All the graphics are created with water-based inks.
5. Natursutten: These simple, yet soothing pacis are made from 100% natural rubber derived from the Hevea brasiliensi tree.
6. Under the Nile: Whether you’re looking for eco-friendly baby clothes or eco-friendly baby toys, all the pieces in this collection are made from the softest, organic Egyptian cotton.
7. Children Inspire Design: These gorgeous art prints for your child’s room are created on 100% recycled paper using soy based inks.
8. California Baby. This great-smelling, super soothing line of baby beauty products contains only organic and sustainably grown ingredients.
9. Plan Toys: Not only are these toys designed to promote healthy development, but they’re also made from natural, chemical free-rubber wood and finished with non-toxic paints.
10. Mimi the Sardine: These brightly colored backpacks and lunch sacks are crafted from acrylic (non-PVC) coated cotton fabrics that meet Oeko-Tex 100 standards for safe and environmentally friendly fabrics. They’re also free from chemicals and harsh dyes.
During April we’ll be highlighting luxurious, eco-friendly products for you and your baby every day. Follow the eco-friendly tag to see all our best “green” finds.
Sign up for our newsletter to get even more finds delivered to your inbox.
Click here to email Jeanine, the author of this post.