Here's Exactly What To Do If You Spill Red Wine On Yourself
September 9, 2016
Red wine is dangerous. Not only can it get you a little tipsy, but it’s a notorious fabric destroyer. And the more red wine you drink, the more likely you are to spill it all over your blouse. It’s a disastrous cycle. In order to prevent your shirt from being ruined forever, there are a few steps you should take as soon as you spill red wine.
1. The first step you should take is to gently blot the stain. Dab the stain with paper towels in order absorb as much wine as possible.
2. Never, ever rub a fresh red wine spill. Rubbing will set the stain into your clothing.
3. If your at dinner, salt is the easily solution. Immediately after you spill, sprinkle a thick layer of salt over the affected area. Let it sit for about an hour. According to wikiHow, the salt will absorb the red wine and then can easily be brushed away.
4. Another quick solution is club soda. After you spill, pour club soda on the stain until the color fades away. Use paper towels to clean up the excess.
5. For an extra strength stain remover, combine salt and club soda. Cover the stain with a lawyer of salt and pour the club soda on the top of the area. The salt absorbs the wine and the club soda lifts out the stain as you blot. Learn more about it here.
Just remember: the first step is to blot! After that, salt and club soda are your best bet.