5 Insect Repellants That Actually Smell Good
June 4, 2010
Summer bug bites suck–and so does the smell of disgusting bug spray. I admit I’d rather deal with a bug bite than smell like Deet. Seems someone somewhere heard my cries from mosquito bugs, and invented bug spray that actually smells good. Here are your soon-to-be favorites:
1. Supergoop’s SPF 30 Bug Away Spray ($16), a sunscreen and bug spray combination, is ideal for sunny, bug-filled days. You’ll love the deet-free lemongrass and cedar scent in its all natural formula.
2. The natural ingredients in Burt’s Bees Herbal Insect Repellent ($7.99) give it a citrus aroma, a summery smell. The effective formula will keep the bugs away from you all day.
3. Known for it’s “by moms, for moms” idea behind the label, this California Baby Bug Repellent Spray ($14.99) works wonders for sensitive skin. Not only will it protect you from bug while smelling like citronella, it also relives prior itchy bites with aloe vera.
4. With unscented and fall blend scent options, Scent Shield’s No Stinkin’ Bugs ($9.99, down from $10.99) bug spray contains powerful insect repellant without the burning smell.
5. Nutri-Shield’s Natural Insect Repellent ($8.60, down from $10.49) comes in three scents (or should we say flavors): peppermint, herbal and cinnamon, to keep you bite-free. And it’s made from all natural ingredients, so feel free to reapply as often as you’d like.