Find The Top Tanks For Layering
January 8, 2008
There's nothing I hate more than exposed bellies. If you're not on a beach or an ANTM photo shoot, your tummy should stay covered. And in the middle of winter, this becomes especially important–no one likes a blash of cold air freezing her belly button into the Ice Age. So what's the solution to cropped jackets or sweaters that stop short of where they should be? Invest in some affordable tank tops that stay put and will help keep you covered all winter long. Here are a few of my favorites:
1) Long, lean, and so affordable, the Old Navy Long Rib-Knit Tanks ($8.50) also come in a great array of colors.
2) Shopbop fanatics will love their exclusive line, Bop Basics. The tanks ($34) work great as a layering piece or as a cute top once the sun comes out.
3) Banana Republic's cotton stretch camisoles ($18) are designed way, way long and hold up well to washing for a fit that will last beyond the first week.
4) GapBody's new support cami ($19.50) comes with a built-in shelf bra, so if you only need a little support and want a smoother look (no double layer of straps when you go braless), this tank's for you.
5) James Perse's racerback long tank ($41) may not come cheap, but devotees of this brand snatch them up for good reason–they're soft, flattering, and they'll be a closet favorite for quite a while to come.