Week In Review: More Drama Over Fakes (This Time It’s Burberry), Target Collabs On Gilt, More
Must-Reads: Burberry sued an upscale boutique for selling - gasp - fakes. You read it here first. We are loving Simon Doonan's non-hoochie Halloween costumes for Target. We went behind the scenes at the SINE offices. Maybe these bad decisions are to blame for American Apparel's bankruptcy. Shop Target collaborations on Gilt 30 days early. (If you missed today's Tucker sale, don't worry, we have options for you). Michelle Obama's Banana Republic top is still available - act fast if you want one. Taste Tests: Can you tell which oversize green sweater costs $185 more? Can you tell which gray skinny jeans are Vince? Or which printed ballet flats cost $50 less? Sale Alert: Marc by Marc Jacobs is 70% off at Saks. The perfect pair of jeggings we've ever tried is on-sale and from Paige Denim. Jonathan Aston tights are $5 - stock up. Celebrity Style: Molly Sims wants to give Britney Spears a much-needed makeover. We helped. We want what Lo Bosworth has. Guess which Gossip Girl shuts it down in street clothes. Beauty: Get the new fall lipsticks straight from the runway. Screw $300 face creams, Jennifer Aniston's secret weapon is $2. Check out our weather-proof, portable solutions. Guides to Check Out: We tracked down the best leather handbags, earrings, and vests.
Daily Links: Ke$ha’s Tooth Bling, M.A.C. Cancels Offensive Makeup Line, More
1. Ke$ha never ceases to amuse us with her outrageous styles. This time, a fake gold tooth is involved. [Stylelist] 2. After offending Mexican women and beauty bloggers alike, its no surprise MAC canceled their "Juarez" Rodarte line. Good thing we don't have to look at those freakish ads. [The Cut] 3. Project Runway's Tim Gunn is going to guest star on Gossip Girl this fall. Keep your eyes open in late October - he's playing himself. [Styleite] 4. The economy is still suffering and Abercrombie & Fitch is unfortunately suffering along with it. The chain store plans to close 60 stores. [WWD] Stay up to date on the gossip with all of our Daily Links. Shop our guides to the best blazers and the best pleated skirts. Subscribe now for exclusive fashion news.
Daily Links: Brangelina To Make Kids Clothing, Khloe & Lamar’s Unbreakable Fragrance, More
1. Rumors have been flying around that Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt will be designing a line of children's clothes. All of the profits will be given to the Jolie-Pitt Foundation. [Elle UK] 2. Khloe Kardashian jumped on the fragrance bandwagon with hubby Lamar Odom. Expect their new scent "Unbreakable" in stores in February. [Showbiz Spy] 3. Following in the footsteps of other musicians-turned-designers like Justin Timberlake and Jay-Z, Adam Levine of Maroon 5 introduces his first clothing line, 222. [WWD] 4. The fashion capitals of the world have just been re-ranked. See where your city ranks of this list of the top 20. [LAist] Stay up to date with all of our Daily Links. Shop our guides to the best fragrances for every season and the best leather jackets. Subscribe now for more fashion updates.
Daily Links: Miss Universe Gone Wild, Foxy Brown’s Hermes Oops, More
1. Foxy Brown's brother was arrested for spending $8,000 with a fake credit card at a Hermes store. Maybe he should check out our 5 lookalike Birkin bags instead. [Coco Perez] 2. The Miss Universe campaign turned into a Playboy centerfold with contestants being photographed topless, covered in body paint. That's one more point in the case against Toddlers & Tiaras. [Huffington Post] 3. TJ Maxx and Marshalls are no longer selling past season styles. The chain stores now carry the current season. [The Cut] 4. Perry Ellis is helping to clean up the oil spill. Partnering with the National Wildlife Foundation, they'll make a $1 donation for every 'like' on their Facebook page. [Betty Confidential] Be in the know with all of our Daily Links. Shop our guides to the best wrap dresses and the best designer handbags. Sign up for SHEFinds to receive exclusive fashion news.
Week In Review: Jersey Shore Halloween Costumes, Gilt To Sell Target Collabs First, More
Must-Reads: Get your poof right - this year's must-have Halloween costume is The Snooki. Gilt Groupe and Target team up: Gilt will sell Target's collaborations before well they hit stores. We had the first photos of Temple St. Clair for Target jewelry first. We twitter-stalked the premiere of this summer's biggest movie. We taught you how to get sales and insider shopping info by following these 5 Facebook and Twitter accounts. Taste Tests: Can you tell which slashed leggings cost $40 less? Which cowboy boots cost $149 more than the other? Which zip-up cape costs $410 more? Sale Alert: Topshop shoes - including a sick pair of clogs - are 50% off. We found perfect-fit Madewell black jeans for 40% off. Holy vintage heaven: Pucci scarves are 50% off. Celebrity Style: Kelly Ripa looks like this coming out of the gym. See Madonna's major outfit misstep. Get the J.Brand jeans that Cameron, Victoria, and more love - on sale. Guides to Check Out: We scoured the web to bring you the very best in easy throw-on cardigans, waist-friendly belts, perfect-fit work pants, and chic travel bags.
Daily Links: Sephora To Sell Padded Jeans, Gap.com Goes Worldwide, More
1. Sephora is not only going to sell jeans, but butt-lifting ones. And you know we're all about the butt trend over here. [WWD] 2. By the end of the year, Gap, Old Navy, Banana Republic, Piperlime, and Athleta will be available in 65 countries. We can't believe they don't already have it (ahem, H&M for the U.S.). [Elle UK] 3. Don't cry or pout with the newest lipstick by Lip Venom's Du Wop because the color-changing lipstick reflects your mood. [Nylon] 4. Getting drunk while getting your nails done doesn't sound half-bad. That is, until you wake up with smudges and a hangover. [The Cut] Always be up to date with our daily links. Shop our guides to the best shapewear and the best skinny jeans. Subscribe to SHEFinds for more fashion news.
Daily Links: Record Thin Model On ANTM, The City Loses The Boss, More
1. A new contestant on America's Next Top Model has the smallest waist the show has seen. See Tyra's reaction. [Stylelist] 2. The City's Joe Zee is leaving to start his own show on The Sundance Channel. Maybe the rumor about MTV canceling their dramatic 'reality show' is true. [WWD] 3. Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen are keeping their fingers crossed for a new client: Michelle Obama. The twins can see her wearing The Row's suits and dresses. [People Stylewatch] 4. Bloomingdale's own line, Aqua, introduces a collaboration with Vena Cava. Expect to see stripes, military jackets, and edgy basics. [Fashionista] Get your gossip fix with our Daily Links. Shop our guides to the best leather jackets and the best sheath dresses. Subscribe now for more fashion news.
Daily Links: The $130 Hermes Coloring Book, Steve Madden Big Heads Make A Comeback, More
1. Supermodel Kate Moss does eat-- her own jam, that is. Moss' brand new line of homemade jam, Kate's Damson Jams, will definitely be on our toast. [NY Daily News] 2. If you thought Lady Gaga's MLB appearances were racy, think again. The star revealed everything under a thin layer of mesh at the Lollapalooza concert festival. [People Stylewatch] 3. Steve Madden has traveled backward in time to bring back the notorious big headed girl ad campaign. [Refinery 29] 4. Crayola never had this in mind: Hermes now has a coloring book for children. At $130, the resulting art better be frame-worthy. [The Cut] Get your gossip fix with all of our Daily Links. Shop our guides to the best flat boots and to the best party shoes. Sign up for SHEFindsMail for fashion news in your inbox.
Daily Links: Justin Bieber’s Beauty Routine, The Olsen Twins’ Online Store, More
1. Bieber fever gets hotter with Proactiv's newest ad campaign, featuring the singer himself. Looks like we'll finally find out what's under those bangs. [Glamazons] 2. The Olsen twins' brand, The Row, launches its first e-commerce site. Check out the collections and enjoy this 15% off discount. [Styleite] 3. Taylor Jacobson is still producing jeans with Kasil Denim. Here's a first look at her newest pants for this season. [Betty Confidential] 4. Another Target collaboration alert: Tucker for Target. Expect to see vintage floral prints and flowy silk tops on September 12 that you can actually afford. [The Frisky] Don't miss a thing with all of our Daily Links. Shop our guides to the best acne treatments and the best skin care. Sign up for SHEFinds to receive exclusive fashion news.
Daily Links: Fergie Unleashes A New Scent, DVF To Donate Millions, More
1. After 2 years of secret keeping, Fergie finally releases her Outspoken fragrance - a team effort by the pop star and Avon - minutes before her concert. [Stylelist] 2. Women's clothing guru Diane von Furstenberg agrees to donate half of her fortune to her favorite charity after she passes thanks to Bill Gates' Giving Pledge. [Vogue UK] 3. Kristen Bell finally shows off her fashion skills with the one-of-a-kind shoe designed to help raise money for children suffering from serious diseases. [People Stylewatch] 4. Have your favorite crazy celebrity outfit (think: Lady Gaga's and Rihanna's concert ensembles) delivered right to your doorstep with this new e-commerce site. [The Cut] Never miss out on the gossip - read all of our Daily Links. Shop our guides to the best wrap dresses and the best floral dresses. Sign up for SHEFindsMail to receive exclusive fashion news in your inbox.
Daily Links: Kim Kardashian’s Pricey Bling, A.B.S Imitates Chelsea Clinton’s Gown, More
1. If you're in the market for a wedding gown, try a Chelsea Clinton knock-off gown, er, we mean lookalike by ABS Schwartz. [Daily Beast] 2. Kim Kardashian introduces an uber high-end line of earrings called Kim's Kollection. The eye-catching diamond danglers will cost about $10,000-$40,000. [People Stylewatch] 3. Henry Holland has teamed up with Roxy for his newest line of winter skiwear. Expect new trends, like a quilted leather ski jacket, in stores in October. [Vogue UK] 4. Thanks to a technical slip-up, shoppers saw just how Ann Taylor retouches their photos - in the waist and thighs. Shop clothes for your shape. [Huffington Post] Know all the gossip with our Daily Links. Shop our guides to the best puffy coats and the best winter boots. Join our e-mail list for instant fashion news in your inbox.
Daily Links: Cat-Shaped Lipstick, Scarlett Johansson’s Mad Men Style D&G Ad, More
1. Big butts might be the new trend, but some are going to extremes. This 22-year-old female from California died after receiving silicon butt implants. [Stylelist] 2. Just like Tom Ford, clothing brand Paul & Joe have launched a line of lipstick - for cat lovers. Each lipstick from the 3 shade collection is kitty-shaped. [Stylefrizz] 3. The Mad Men mania continues with Dolce & Gabbana's newest beauty ad featuring Scarlet Johanssen. Producers: if you need a guest star, ScarJo's your woman. [The Frisky] 4. Gap gives their denim a makeover with new fabrics and styles. And unfortunately, higher prices. But their new website offers tips from top stylists. [WWD] Stay up to date with all of our Daily Links. Shop our guides to the best bootcut jeans and the best flare jeans. Subscribe now for exclusive SHEfinds updates.
Daily Links: Lauren Conrad Tries To Design Again, UGG Makes Sweaters, Mad Men Bras, More
1. Lauren Conrad has announced that she is designing a new boutique-type clothing line. Hopefully, this one lasts longer than the last. [People Stylewatch] 2. UGG Australia's foray into knitwear makes us excited curl up in one this fall. If the sweaters are anywhere near as soft as those boot liners we're game. [WWD] 3. Designer Chris Habana has announced a jewelry line in collaboration with Urban Outfitters. Expect the edgy 5-piece collection, priced $6-$98, later this month. [Refinery 29] 4. Mad Men stylist Janie Bryant has added a virtual promotion for Maidenform to her agenda. Maidenform's push-up bras and shapewear are used to give that 60s figure to all of the characters. [The Cut] Don't miss a thing with our Daily Links. Shop our guides to the best shapewear and the best push up bras. Subscribe now to receive exclusive fashion news right in your inbox.
Daily Links: Mad Men Nail Polish, Janet Jackson’s Furry Campaign Issues, More
1. Janet Jackson changes her mind about being anti-fur with her newest campaign for Blackgama, the luxurious fur label. At least she looks good. [People Stylewatch] 2. The Mad Men fashion craze continues with nail polish. The show's designer, Janie Bryant, has teamed up with Nailtini to create 4 shades for fall inspired by the show. [Stylelist] 3. Calvin Klein will finally be launching a line of control top leggings and tights called UltraFit in the fall for only $14 a pair. Keep an eye out at Bloomingdales, Macy's, and Lord & Taylor. [The Frisky] 4. Two news reports (and very serious shoppers), Drew Ellis and Lisa Satayut, tied the knot in the shoe aisle of a Michigan T.J. Maxx while people still shopped. [The Michigan Sun] Stay up to date with our Daily Links of gossip. Shop our guides to the best leggings and the best slimming pants. Subscribe now for exclusive fashion updates and news.
Daily Links: Madonna Photographs Taylor Momsen, Essence’s Fashion Director Drama, More
1. Madonna got on the other side of the camera to shoot spokesmodel Taylor Momsen for the Material Girl for Macys campaign. [Jezebel] 2. LiLo's royal jailtime treatment continues. The convicted celeb can keep her extensions in because they're not detachable, at least until someone yanks them out. [Stylelist] 3. African-American fashion mag Essence caused a controversy by hiring a Caucasian fashion director. See what the Editor-in-Chief had to say. [Glamazon] 4. Sports and fashion have mixed again (think: Armani for Rebook and Stella McCartney's Olympic uniforms). Now Dolce & Gabbana will be designing the Chelsea Soccer Club's formal attire: a 3 piece suit, button down shirt, and tie, all in team colors. [WWD] Don't miss a thing with all of our Daily News posts. Shop our guides to the best dry hair repair products and the best celebrity jeans. Sign up for exclusive fashion e-mails.
Daily Links: Plus Size Designer Duds At Saks, Free Lindsay Lohan Shirts, Naomi Watts’ New Job, More
1. Starting this fall, women over size 10 will be able to shop Chanel, Dolce & Gabbana, YSL, Fendi and other designer brands for the first time -- at the NYC Saks only. [Coco Perez] 2. If you're on Team Lohan, get one of these Free Lindsay shirts, featuring a martini glass. Now, isn't that the problem to begin with? [StyleList] 3. We're not sure how they landed her, but Naomi Watts is the new face of Ann Taylor. [WWD] 4. We love new ways to shop online; try this cool new site that allows you to mix and match an armful of bangles. [Racked] See more of our daily links, and then check out our guides to the best skinny jeans, and the best summer dresses.
Daily Links: New ‘Do For Scarlett Johansson, Smell Like Angelina Jolie, More
1. Bedhead-bob-gone-sexy is Scarlett Johansson's newest look. A risky cut, but of course, she pulls it off with ease. [Stylelist] 2. Angelina Jolie reveals that her favorite perfume is 1969 by Histoires de Parfums ($189), whose name and smell are inspired by the original Woodstock festival. [Derek Loves Shopping] 3. Have a happy hour tonight? Check out this simple slideshow of great ideas to look fierce -- even if it's a long Monday. [Glo] 4. Recently single Marc Jacobs drowned his break-up sorrows at a launch party for his new fragrance Bang with Jesus Luz, Daisy Lowe and Mischa Barton. [Vogue UK] If you love gossip, read more of our Daily Links. Shop our guides to the best flat sandals and the best cage booties. Sign up for SheFindsMail for exclusive fashion news in your inbox.
Daily Links: Kate Moss Book Has A Built-In Mirror, Happy Birthday Oscar De La Renta, More
1. The Kate Moss book by Mario Testino has arrived. For $400, enjoy exclusive pictures and an inside cover mirror--do what you want with it (wink, wink). [Coco Perez] 2. Katy Perry, feeling left out of the celebrity-turned-fragrance trend, decided to produce her own scent: Purr by Katy Perry will come to Nordstrom in November. [WWD] 3. Happy 78th birthday Oscar De La Renta! Take this fun quiz to see how much you know about the man, the myth, the legend and his clothes. [FabSugar] 4. Women may love the deals on online sample sales, but men don't agree. You'll never guess why. (Hint: Think football and beer) [The Cut] Never miss a thing with our Daily Links. Shop our guides to the best designer handbags and the best fragrances for every season. Subscribe to our online newsletter for instant fashion news.
Daily Links: Kristin Cavallari Designs Shoes, A Betty White Clothing Line, Marc Jacobs’ Jersey Shore Secret, More
1. Kristin Cavallari doesn't need The Hills drama to keep her busy anymore. The star reported that she is will now be designing a line of shoes. [People Stylewatch] 2. Marc Jacobs has a serious situation going on. The designer confessed that he watched MTV's Jersey Shore and enjoyed the 'brain vacation'. [Elle] 3. Everybody loves Betty White, including designer Jerry Leigh, who shows his affection with a line of Betty White t-shirts and hoodies. A portion of the proceeds will go to Betty's favorite animal charity. [Fashionista] 4. Lacoste has announced a jewelry collection of bracelets, necklaces, and cell phone charms due in stores and online by February. Look for a sneak peak here in September. [WWD] Stay up to date in the gossip world with all of our Daily Links. Shop our guides to the best wedges and the best party shoes. Sign up for SheFinds to receive exclusive fashion and style updates.
Daily Links: Pre-Jail Lindsay Lohan Speaks, Sales Up For Hermes, New Tommy Hilfiger Line, More
1. Lindsay Lohan gave an exclusive interview before heading to jail, in which she plugs her clothing line. Guess she's got legal bills to pay. [Stylelist] 2. Hermes reported a 23% increase in sales for the first half of 2010. Maybe it's because there's no wait list for the Birkin bag. [Bloomberg] 3. If you don't waist enough time shopping online already, create your own boutique with PopSugar's Retail Therapy game on Facebook. [FabSugar] 4. Get a blast from the past (specifically, middle school) with Tommy Hilfiger's newest line, Tommy. Expect feminine and flattering military and menswear styles. [Refinery 29] Stay up to date with all of our Daily Links. Shop our guides to the best designer handbags and the best really big tote bags. Subscribe to our newsletter for more fashion news.
Daily Links: Forever 21’s First Collaboration, 1 Popular Miu Miu Dress Makes 3 Mag Covers, More
1. Forever 21 introduces its first designer collaboration with Lady Gaga-favorite Brian Lichtenberg. Expect to see bold and edgy graphic tees and tanks for $14.80. [WWD] 2. One very popular Miu Miu dress has graced the covers of British Vogue, British Elle, and W in a span of 2 months. And it hasn't even hit stores yet. [The Frisky] 3. Learn how to get Sarah Jessica Parker's frizz-free waves from Sex and The City 2 at home from Frank Barbosa, the head hair stylist for the movie. [Derek Loves Shopping] 4. There is a such thing as a stylish hiking boot made from recycled materials for under $100. [Nylon] Stay up to date with our gossip-filled Daily Links. Shop our guides to the best boots and the best party dresses. Join our e-mail list for fashion news in your inbox.
Daily Links: Snooki’s Deflated Poof, Violent MAC Makeup, Courtney Love’s Clothing Blog, More
1. Believe it or not, but Snooki has detached from her sky-high "bump-it" poof. The result? She looks - dare, we say - pretty (?) without it. [E Online] 2. Courtney Love is still trying to show us she has style - even after the failed Twitter makeup lessons - with her new What Courtney Wore Today blog. [Stylelist] 3. Next time you cast your rod, think of high end designers Marc Jacobs, Ferragamo, and Stella McCartney who have started to use actual fish scales in some of their products. [The Cut] 4. The highly anticipated MAC collaboration with Rodarte has disappointed shoppers. Although everyone loves the makeup, the names conjure up images of crimes against women. [The Frisky] Stay in the loop with all of our Daily Links. Shop our guides to the best designer handbags and the best celebrity jeans. Subscribe to the SheFinds newsletter for e-mail updates.
Daily Links: Rachel Zoe Spoofs Herself, Jazzy Prada Sunglasses, Piperlime for Project Runway, More
1. Rachel Zoe not only has an amazing sense of style, but she's got a sense of humor too. Don't believe us? Watch. [Coco Perez] 2. Piperlime is now a sponsor for Project Runway Season 8 by re-vamping the contestants' 'Accessories Wall'. The best part: the accessories will be available at Piperlime as well as behind-the-scenes videos. 3. Prada mixed music and fashion for their newest $245 eyewear collaboration. Prada Swing Sunglasses, inspired by an NYC jazz club, will hit stores come October. [WWD] 4. With vintage products becoming so popular, online shop Karmaloop is now selling vintage designer sunglasses (Dior, Gucci, Carerra, etc.) ranging between $120-$350. [The Cut] Don't miss a thing by reading our Daily Links posts. Shop our guides to the best sunglasses and the best flat sandals. Subscribe to our virtual newsletter for fashion news in your e-mail.
Daily Links: Lady Gaga’s Unusual Scent, Johnny Depp’s Lavish Gift, Lingerie by Usher, More
1. Lady Gaga jumps on the celebrity perfume train. Not surprisingly, she says it will have an "unusual" scent. [Marketing UK] 2. Rumor has it that Usher will "put us to bed" with a new lingerie collection. [Styleite] 3. Christian LaCroix is broke-or is he? The French clothing designer has just acquired a new design job...making French coins. [WWD] 4. As if we needed another reason to be jealous of her, Johnny Depp bought his girlfriend a pair of vintage Ferragamo shoes that belonged to Marilyn Monroe. [Huffington Post] Don't miss a thing with more of our Daily Links posts. Shop our guides to the best fragrances for all seasons and the best sexy underwear. Subscribe to our virtual newsletter for more fashion news.
Daily Links: Megan Fox’s Custom Wedding Gown, Victoria’s Secret Halloween Costumes, More
1. Megan Fox married longtime boyfriend Brian Austin Green on the beach wearing a custom Armani Prive gown. The dress design was simple - besides from a 16 foot train. [People StyleWatch] 2. This fall, trick or treat in style (and with little more than lingerie on) with Victoria's Secret Halloween costumes. [Nylon Mag] 3. The September fashion magazine covers have been revealed and it looks like Lindsay Lohan's rumored W cover didn't make the cut. Look out for Emma Roberts, Jennifer Aniston, and Justin Bieber on the newsstands instead. [Refinery 29] 4. Counterfeit products are thriving on our dwindling economy. And there's more to it than just handbags and jewelry. [WWD] Stay up to date with all of our Daily Links. Shop our guides to the best designer handbags and the best chain strap bags. Subscribe to our virtual newsletter.
Daily Links: Zoe Saldana For Calvin Klein Underwear, A Pricey Alexander McQueen Tribute, More
1. Zoe Saldana, a longtime fan of Calvin Klein, replaces Eva Mendes as the new face of the Calvin Klein underwear campaign this fall. Yet another reason we have a style crush on her. [Fashionologie] 2. Dita Von Teese turned heads with her surprise striptease down the runway at the Jean Paul Gaultier Couture fashion show, broadcasting the brand's newest lingerie collaboration. [Stylelist] 3. Pick up your copy of A Tribute To Lee Alexander McQueen by Visionaire Magazine. With the $295 price, you may want to frame it, not bring it to the beach. [FabSugar] 4. Strut safely with Soul Mates High Heelers, a rubber heel guard available in black and clear, and never worry about your heel getting stuck in the grass again. [Betty Confidential] Don't miss a thing with our Daily Links posts. Shop our guides to the best sexy underwear and the best comfortable high heels. Subscribe to our e-mails for fashion news in your inbox.
Daily Links: Burberry Makes Makeup, Kristen Stewart Actually Looks Pretty, Fight Skirt Sweat, More
1. Burberry hits the beauty market with their newest collection of natural colored makeup: lipsticks, lip glosses, eye shadows, and blushes, exclusively at Nordstrom. [Stylelist] 2. Kristen Stewart (finally) matures with a new wardrobe, a smile, a shower, and admitting that she does have a super-hot boyfriend. [Lemondrop] 3. Couture gives back with Bvlgari's newest addition to their jewelry line: the Save The Children silver and ceramic ring for $375--$75 goes directly to the charity. [WWD] 4. Fight sweat and chafing under skirts this summer with Monistat's Anti-Chafing Powder-Gel ($7.99) or diaper cream to relieve irritation. [The Frisky] Stay up to date with our Daily Links posts. Shop our guides to the best eyeshadows and the best concealers. Subscribe to SheFinds for fashion news right in your inbox.
Daily Links: Julia Roberts’ Movie Mania, Tween Ferragamo Shoes, More
1. High end designer meets even higher end designer with the newest Balmain and Oliver Peoples sunglasses collaboration. They're reintroducing the aviator-for $595. [StyleFrizz] 2. Julia Roberts' new film, Eat, Pray, Love, has inspired designers like Sue Wong and Fred Segal to create clothing and home decor based off the destinations in the movie. [The Frisky] 3. Ferragamo's new footwear line, My Ferragamo, appeals to the young shopper and features bright colored kitten heels and flats. [WWD] 4. In case you couldn't get enough of Kristin, Audrina, Lo and Stephanie on The Hills, you can now wear them on your Converse sneakers. We'd rather go barefoot. [Crushable] Don't be left out of the gossip-read all of our Daily Links. Shop our guides to the best flat shoes, the best cool sneakers and the best kitten heels. Subscribe to our newsletter for more fashion and style updates.
Daily Links: Behind The Scenes At Gilt, Blake Lively’s Favorite Cream, More
1. Because of the growing success of Gilt Groupe, they have begun to arrange their own photoshoots for the site. Check out the behind the scenes pictures. [Silicon Alley Insider] 2. Fake a full night's sleep with Blake Lively's favorite product: The Socializer by Elizabeth Grant to soothe, de-puff, and hydrate underneath your eyes. [Betty Confidential] 3. The Alexander McQueen auction in London didn't go as anticipated-couture dresses and furniture sold for about 10 times less than their value. [The Cut] 4. Shop Rue La La's online sample sales straight on-the-go with their new application available for the iPhone and iPad. [WWD] Stay up to date with fashion gossip by reading our Daily Links posts. Shop our guides to the best and the best. Subscribe to our newsletter for SheFinds in your inbox.
Daily Links: Temple St. Clair Jewelry For Target, Madonna’s Daughter’s Fashion Blog, Couture Shapewear, More
1. Temple St. Clair's upcoming under-$50 jewelry for Target is due out next month, and Lucky has a peek at the designs before they hit stores. [Lucky] 2. Madonna's daughter, Lourdes, is keeping a blog about her mother's new clothing line for Macys with photos, rants, and insider tips. [Huffington Post] 3. Panties get prissy with Jean Paul Gaultier's collaboration with La Perla's lingerie. Expect feminine bustiers, boy shorts, and cool shapewear. [Coutorture] 4. Photoshop outrage alert: models' images on Nordstrom were tweaked, and customers are not happy about it. [Styleite] Get your gossip fix with more of our Daily Links. Shop our guides to the best cheap jewelry and the best sexy underwear. Sign up for SheFinds e-mails.
Daily Links: Britney Spears As A Fashion Designer, Inflatable Fanny Packs?, More
1. Britney Spears designed a new clothing and accessories line for Candie's, exclusively at Kohl's starting Thursday. With everything priced under $80, we're excited for her costume jewelry and numerous styles of jeans. [WWD] 2. As if we didn't love Old Navy enough, here's another reason: for each American flag t-shirt ($5) bought between July 1st-5th, Old Navy will donate a shirt to the troops overseas. Check out the best tees for your shape. [Betty Confidential] 3. Saving lives has never been so fashionable: stay afloat in style with the Bandeau Belt an inflatable life vest that masquerades as a kinda cool fanny pack. [Core 77] 4. FabSugar has the behind-the-scenes sneak peek at the Urban Outfitters Fall 2010 collection. Get ready for baggy cardigans, plaid shirts, and cropped pants. In other words, the '90s. [FabSugar] Don't be left out: read all of our daily links posts and style news updates. Shop our guides to the best celebrity jeans and the best cheap swimwear. Subscribe to the SheFinds newsletter, too.
Daily Links: Jessica Simpson’s Jeans, Eco Cheesecloth Tees, Dove’s Real Women Casting Call, More
1. The Dove Real Woman Campaign is at it again, offering a a 3 day casting call in NYC via...Craigslist? Seems like it's open to everyone, until you read the requirements: no scars and not too curvy, please. [The Cut] 2. Jessica Simpson is moving on from designing accessories. The pop star is launching an actual clothing line in mid-July filled with skinny jeans, leggings, and tops. Check out our guide to all types of jeans. [Stylelist] 3. It's half past calm and relaxed with the newest high end accessory: mood watches. Patented by Fendi, the gems change colors based on your mood or social setting. [WWD] 4. Going green has turned into a contest and Alexandra Cassini seems to be a true winner. Her new line of shirts, made from cheesecloth and flax-based osnaburg, actually become more durable with washing. Available in cropped, regular and tunic lengths with a pack of patches to customize each tee. [The Frisky] Stay up to date with all of our daily links. Shop our guides to the celebrity style, plus best skinny jeans, the best eco-friendly clothes, and the best watches. Sign up for the SheFinds e-mail newsletter, too.
Daily Links: Mariah’s Lollipop Perfume, Christian Siriano’s Designer Sponges, More
1. Mariah Carey introduced a new line of fragrances, Lollipop Bling, based off of her favorite childhood candy (her engagement ring is modeled after a Ring Pop). Expect 3 scents at Dillard's, Macys, and JCPenney in July. Check out our favorite fragrances. [WWD] 2. Everyone's favorite trashy catalog, the Abercrombie & Fitch Quarterly, is returning to an A&F near you. It only took 7 long years of waiting. [Huffington Post] 3. Christiano Siriano doesn't plan on taking a break. After teaming up with Payless and Starbucks, he has now collaborated with the sponge company, O-Cel-O, to redesign the household staple. Hmm. [The Cut] 4. 'Change Starts With Your Underwear' is the motto behind PACT Underwear's new sustainable panties. Each pair is designed by an up and coming artist and a charity that will receive 10% of the underwear's price. [FabSugar] Stay connected with more of our Daily Links posts and by signing up for our newsletter. Shop our guides to the best cheap underwear, the best eco-friendly shopping and the best espadrilles.
Daily Links: Meghan Fox Bares All For Armani, Calvin Klein’s USB Stick Sunglasses, More
1. Meghan Fox leaves nothing to the imagination with her Fall/Winter 2010 Emporio Armani underwear campaign, a more spiced up look from her ad for Armani underwear last year. Now that Armani has Meghan Fox and Christiano Renaldo, any chance they'll model underwear together? [Stylelist] 2. Goodbye little black dresses, hello Diane Von Furstenberg colorful frocks. Her wild prints and patterns are all over the red carpet seen on Jessica Biel, Cameron Diaz, and Naomi Watts. Check out more celebrity style. [Radar Online] 3. Calvin Klein allows us to relive our Harriet the Spy days with their newest pair of sunglasses ($159.99) that turns into a portable USB memory stick. [StyleFrizz] 4. A new study shows women spend $300 more on their vacation wardrobe and treatments in preparation than the hotel and flight itself. Save money by traveling to Istanbul for 65% off. [Refinery 29] Don't be left out--read our daily links posts every day. Shop our buying guides to the best maxi dresses, the best sunglasses and the best summer hats. Subscribe to our newsletter for even more updates.
Daily Links: Wimbledon’s Best Dressed, Givenchy Ditches Runway, More
1. Wimbledon is the new venue for designers like Stella McCartney to show off their clothes...on the players. May the best dressed win. Shop our favorite cheap workout gear. [Vogue UK] 2. As we count down the days until the Fall 2010 runway collections, we are devastated that Givenchy's couture will not be walking the catwalk. They're only showing ten looks by appointment to enhance how special the line is. [The Cut] 3. Combine fashion and convenience with Flock Designs Pocketflop Foldable Flip Flops. These eco-friendly sandals made from tire rubber come in different prints and colors. Check out our guide to flat sandals. [FabSugar] 4. YOOX.com brings us yet another top-designer collaboration, this time with Vogue Nippon's Anna Dello Russo. The line, J'ADR X 10, is inspired by her own favorite outfits from previous fashion shows. [Hint] Stay in the know with all of our daily links. See our favorite fashion finds with our guides to the best cool sneakers and the best white jeans. Subscribe to our newsletter for SheFinds right in your e-mail.
Week In Review: Stalking Kate Hudson’s Style, Calorie-Burning Shapewear, And More
Must-Reads: Aldo shoes has teamed up with Kohl's for even more affordable shoes. Pair them with this MICHAEL Michael Kors jacket that all of the commenters love. Does "calorie burning" shapewear work? We gave it a chance. Readers emailed about how to look good at an outdoor sporting event and how to look stylish while camping. Send us your questions! Forgot about father's day? Order an e-gift card for his favorite steaks or even wine--you can email them to him, so no need to rush to the store. Meanwhile, Support your World Cup team (and impress the guys) with cool World Cup gear. Sales and Deals: Get up to 70% at Net-a-Porter Celebrate Tory Burch's birthday with her 50% off sale Get 60% off at the Nordstrom final sale Snag one of these five Birkin bag lookalikes--without the matching prices Taste Tests: Can you tell which straw tote is Kate Spade vs. Old Navy? It's a tough one. Which ripped skinny jeans are $185 less than the other? Can you tell which brightly colored watch is $245 more? Celebrity Style: Nicole Ritchie's Winter Kate clothing line finally hits Shopbop, so you need to stock up on these silky tops and dresses. Rachel Zoe has also announced that she is unveiling The Rachel Zoe Collection for Fall 2011. (We die.) Get Kate Hudson's Hamptons beach look, or dress like Angelina Jolie-as an Egyptian goddess. Eva Longoria and Gwen Stefani should have read our tips on how not to look pregnant in oversized clothes. Fashion Math: Are Spanx worth the $50? Guides to Check Out: Pack your summer suitcase with the right essentials by checking out our guides to the best white jeans, the best wedges, the best celebrity sunglasses, and the best self-tanners.
Daily Links: Miley Cyrus’s Ear Tattoo, Lauren Conrad’s Eyeliner Advice, More
1. Lauren Conrad and Emmanuelle Chriqui show us how to wear black eyeliner without looking like a raccoon. Check out our favorite eyeliners and mascaras to complete your look. [Slaves to Fashion] 2. If you're still addicted to the ultra low rise jeans, you might want to get yourself a Hip-T, a tube of fabric that sits around your hips to hide butt cleavage and muffin tops. Or just see our favorite jeans for your shape. [Refinery 29] 3. The malnourished, waiflike look is out and full-figure is in. Take some tips on how to look cool when it's hot out thanks to the new book by Stella Ellis. [Betty Confidential] 4. Obviously Miley Cyrus can't be tamed. The singer recently acquired a new tattoo...on her ear. She must have gotten bored with the cartilage piercing. Ouch or awesome? [The Frisky] Satisfy your need for gossip with more of our daily links. Shop our guides to the best black jeans, the best plaid shirts and the best summer hats. Subscribe to our newsletter for SheFinds in your e-mail.
Daily Links: Rachel Zoe’s Clothing Line, Virtual Root Corrector, Shiny Sunglasses By Celine Dion, More
1. Finally: The Rachel Zoe Collection, which will contain contemporary clothes, shoes, and accessories, will be in stores by fall of 2011. Shop more of our favorite celebrity style looks. [WWD] 2. Celine Dion didn't want Madonna to have all the glory--her new line of sunglasses are encrusted with Swarovski crystals and range from $160-$175. [StyleFrizz] 3. Glasses are making a comeback. Make sure your eyes pop, with the perfect eye makeup for glasses on Stylelist, and then check out our guide to the best mascara. [Stylelist] 4.Clairol's website allows users to color-in their grays (or dark roots) in pictures--perfect for Facebook. [Bella Sugar] See our other daily links, and then check out our guide to the best celebrity sunglasses, and the best chain strap purses. Don't forget to subscribe to our newsletter.
Daily Links: Christian Dior Contacts, Miley’s Walmart Line, DIY Designer Jewelry, More
1. We guess eyeglasses weren't enough for high-end label Christian Dior. The brand just released contacts that have a Christian Dior logo on the lenses and they look creepy. [Fashion Indie] 2. Get a sneak peek at Miley Cyrus' second line for Walmart that's designed in "collaboration" with Maz Azria. Her clothing line is more stylish than her. [InStyle] 3. In more t-shirt scandal, Target is under fire for selling a fascist tee depicting an old Spanish flag from dictator Francisco Franco's reign of terror. Steer clear of drama and find the best non-controversial tees for your shape. [Jezebel] 4. Move over, monograms. Customized jewelry is back, but not those boring nameplates. Gemvara, the make-your-own jewelry store, is allowing each customer to design their own jewelry by combining precious gemstones and metals. If you don't have any DIY talents, check out our buying guide to the best cheap jewelry. [Elle Blogs] Read more of our daily links. Shop our guides to the best bracelets and the best evening tops for jeans. Subscribe to our weekly newsletter for the best fashion tips.
Daily Links: Designers Cut Off Lindsay Lohan, Kate Moss’ New Longchamp Handbags, More
1. Is there anything Kate Moss can't do? The model revealed her second line of Longchamp handbags for fall 2010, and they look pretty cute. See her Topshop collection, and then shop our favorite chain strap bags. [Stylefrizz] 2. According to The Cut, designers aren't letting Lindsay Lohan "borrow" clothes anymore. We're sure her alcohol-monitoring ankle bracelet has something to do with that. [The Cut] 3. Brands like Dolce & Gabbana, Emporio Armani, and Y-3 are designing clothes inspired by the World Cup field. [WWD] 4. Bridezillas, rejoice. Tiffany & Co. launched an iPhone app that lets you peruse engagement rings and wedding bands via your cell. Casually download the app to his phone if he hasn't gotten the hints yet. [The Frisky] Stay in the know with all of our daily links. Check out our guides to the best pencil skirts, the best blazers, and the best leggings. Receive updates in your e-mail with our newsletter.
Daily Links: Score A Celebrity Side Braid, The New “Jargos”, More
1. After 10 years, Net-a-Porter has finally opened the world of couture to label-hungry men by announcing future plans to open a Mr. Porter online store, exclusively for men. Find out what to get your dad for Father's Day. [Fashionista] 2. It seems like jeans are boring since so many designers have turned them into leggings and now, jargos. What are jargos? When jeans and cargo pants combine... [The Frisky] 3. Check out high end designer's hotels like Hotel Missoni in Scotland or Oscar De La Renta's Villas in the Dominican Republic for kicks. For something you can afford, check out the best overnight bags. [Stylelist] 4. Ever since braids became trendy again, we don't have to cramp our fingers: Sephora has created the Thick Braidie Headband in all of our hair colors. [Bellasugar] Stay up to date with your daily dose of style news by checking out our daily links. Check out our guides to the best swim cover ups and best slimming pants.
Daily Links: What Men Think Of Spanx, JWOWW’s Clothing Line, More
1. What do men really think of man-boob eraser tops, Spanx for Men? Lemondrop found out. In the meantime, see our favorite Spanx swimwear. [lemondrop] 2. Jersey Shore's JWOWW is doing more than just GTL (gym-tan-laundry): she insists her new clothing line, "won't go porn star sexy," even though it's called Filthy Couture. Judging the looks of her dress above at the MTV Movie Awards, we're not so sure we agree. [the Cut] 3. May the force be with Natalie Portman, as the new face of all Christian Dior perfume advertisements. Check out our guide to the best fragrances for every season. [Stylefrizz] 4. Who knew Tweezerman tweezers (if you haven't tried them, you must now), could be cute? Try the new Tweezerman for Benefit pink swirled ones. [The Beauty of Life] Stay on top of fashion and beauty news with our daily links. Check out our guides to the best summer dresses and the best harem pants. Subscribe to our newsletter for SheFinds news right in your inbox.
Daily Links: Alice + Olivia Makeup, Mary J. Blige’s Charity Clothing, More
1. Mary J. Blige's charity, FFAWN, is introducing a new line of clothing with the help of Catharine Malandrino. Their first fashion show is taking place next week and the revenue from each ticket will be used to fund the college tuition of Bronx high school graduates. Interested in saving the world? See our guides to all things eco-friendly. [WWD] 2. Since Apple keeps inventing new products, designers are making sure you have something cute to carry them in. In honor of the new iPhone 4, Dannijo created fun and funky cases for to keep your phone scratch free. Check out the iDress and iPad Gucci case to keep your iPad safe. [The Frisky] 3. Bright lipstick is all the rage these days (thank you, Tom Ford). Alice + Olivia have officially teamed up with M.A.C. Cosmetics for a special edition makeup line coming out on July 8th. We're so excited for the bright colors to spruce up our summer. [Refinery 29] 4. It's time to tan without worrying about wrinkles and saggy skin. French company, Orlane, has invented a new cream with SPF ($100) that prevents restructures and prevents sagging skin, moisturizes and softens, yet leaves us with a healthy, tanned glow. If you're still nervous about the sun, check out our favorite self-tanners. [Betty Confidential] Stay up to date with more of our daily links. Take a look at our guides to the best lip balms, the best hair removal products, and the best handbags under $250.
Daily Links: Photographer Brian Duffy Dies, A $230 Gucci iPad Case, Dimple Implants, More
1. Move over, iPad dress. Gucci has come out with the very first designer logo iPad case (available in three colors). There will be more styles added with each season and at $230 each, you just might have to get one. Check out our favorite designer handbags. [WWD] 2. After a London museum presented a collection of photographer Brian Duffy's unseen film, the sixties photographer passed away from lung disease. He's known for shooting the cover of David Bowie's Aladdin Sane album and his award-winning advertisements. [Vogue UK] 3. Twilight star Ashley Greene has replaced Lauren Conrad as the cover girl for Mark cosmetics. Check out our buying guides for the best beauty products. [InStyle] 4. The newest plastic surgery trend has really made a dent. Dimple implants, for $2,000-$5,000 per dent, are giving both men and women a reason to smile. Scared of surgery? Perfect your smile with our favorite teeth whiteners. [Lemondrop] See what's happening with more of our daily links. Take a peek at what swimwear is best for your shape and the best wedges. Don't forget to check out our online sample sales.
An Urban Outfitters Controversy, TJ Maxx Expands, more
1. As if inventing the color "Obama/Black" wasn't bad enough, Urban Outfitters has struck again. Their new "Eat Less" t-shirt (on their skeleton model) has caused controversy all over the fashion world. Would you wear it? We wouldn't. Check out the best tees for your shape. [The Frisky] 2. Lacoste is on the lookout for a new designer--and the rumors that it will be Catherine Malandrino aren't true. Lacoste will announce their new designer at the end of the year. Look at other brands that hired new designers reccently here. [Fashionologie] 3. It's time for TJX (T.J. Maxx, Marshall's, HomeGoods, A.J. Wright) to go international by deciding to open 54 stores across the UK within the next year. But don't feel left out, Americans, they also plan to double the number of all stores in the US. No wonder why we're so shopportunistic. [WWD] 4. Still can't find a gift for dad even after checking out our Father's Day Gift Guide? Hermes now has a tie traveling case for men. Stylefrizz has the scoop and pictures. [Stylefrizz] Stay up to date with your daily dose of style news by checking out our daily links. Check out our guides to the best swim cover ups and best white dresses for every body type.
Daily Links: The World Cup’s Vuitton Luggage, The First Alexander Wang Store, Lacoste’s Shirt Swap, More
1. Louis Vuitton luggage isn't just for Sex and the City anymore. The FIFA World Cup Trophy will be transported to South Africa in a classic LV monogrammed trunk. We knew we liked soccer players. [The Frisky] 2. Make that time of the month that much better with Moxie's new feminine products. Something about the pink and white striped package just makes us all feel better. Feeling bloated at the beach? Pick up a slimming Spanx swimsuit. [Betty Confidential] 3. Alexander Wang not only has a new unknown line of "essentials" coming out, but talks of his first store (in NYC) too. From our mouths to God's ears. Find designer clothes at a discount with our sales & deals. [WWD] 4. New Yorkers looking to give back (and get something in return) are in luck. At the Lacoste store at 32nd St. and 6th Ave, each customer who brings in a gently worn shirt, regardless of label, will receive a gift card for a Lacoste summer polo--the "icon" of summer fashion. Check out other summer fashions. [Stylelist] See more of our daily links, and then check out our guides to discount jeans, the best really big tote bags, and the best white dresses for every body type.
Daily Links: Coach’s New Perfume, 2010 CFDA Awards, more
1. In order to reach out to its newer, younger target audience, Coach introduces fresh accessories perfumes. Their latest is Poppy, a fruit floral scent, due in July. Find the perfect perfume for every season. [WWD] 2. Lady Gaga tweaks yet another Hermes Birkin bag. This time it compliments her edgy, rockstar look. Maybe she'll get another one, since the Hermes Birkin bag waiting list doesn't exist. [Refinery 29] 3. Portable perfume has never been so stylish. Sarah Jessica Parker's newest fragrance, SJP NYC, now comes in a solid cream, hidden in a chic gold bracelet. Buy it here. [The Frisky] 4. The 2010 CFDA awards are on June 7th. Read about nominated designers and why there will be no host this year. [Huffington Post]
Daily Links: Marc Jacobs Sings, American Apparel Fizzles, More
1. Marc Jacobs let his inner pop star shine by singing with Donna Summer on Tuesday night to celebrate Louis Vuitton’s newest store in London. We wish we had seen it...[Fashionologie] 2. Chip Foster, of Chip & Pepper jeans, has added philanthropist to his resume. His new line of jeans, Pray For Mother Nature, will donate to different environmental charities with every purchase. Discover the best jeans for your shape. [WWD] 3. Though American Apparel offers every trend and basic in a rainbow of colors, it’s not enough to keep the company afloat. Let’s save the mesh for inexpensive workout gear. [The Guardian] 4. Lane Bryant’s newest (and most extreme) advertisement features a skeleton. Skip the fitting room fuss and read our reviews of the best underwear and bras. [Stylelist] Get all your fashion news at once with our other daily links, and then check out our guide to the best hair removal products, and the best bras for big busts.
Daily Links: The Bra Turns 100, Victoria Beckham Is Back To Her Bob, More
1. The bra turns 100-years-old today. Celebrate by checking out our guides to the best bras, the best bras for big busts, and the best strapless bras, and have a piece of cake, too. [Huffington Post] 2.Victoria Beckham rocks her signature bob, and her Birkin, while shopping in L.A. I wonder if she knows that the Hermes Birkin wait list is dead? [Pop Sugar] 3.The pervy CEO of American Apparel, Dov Charney, probably made these shorts for girls to wear alone, but The Frisky suggests a more appropriate alternative: wear them as bloomers under your favorite skirts on a windy day. Great idea. [The Frisky] 4. It's time to pull out the sunscreen, and Betty Confidential has some non-messy, portable options. For more summer beauty products, see our guides to the best self tanners. [Betty Confidential] See more of our daily links, and then check out our guides to the best spring fashion trends, the best clogs, and the best flat sandals.
Daily Links: Ann Taylor Abuses Photoshop, Returnaholics Get Caught, More
1. Jezebel observed that Ann Taylor photoshops their e-commerce models to Barbie-like proportions, and makes the clothes look "unrealistically smooth." The sold out Ann Taylor lace dress must have these effects. [Jezebel via The Cut] 2. "Returnaholics" who buy up merchandise--only to return it days later--are costing retailers billions of dollars a year. Why don't they just try Rent The Runway? [Wallet Pop] 3. If you're looking for sunglasses online, but can't try them on, check out this nifty video courtesy of FabSugar that tells you what sunglasses will best suit your face shape. Then, head to our guide for the best celebrity sunglasses. [FabSugar] See more of our daily links, and then check out our guides to the best work dresses, the best pleated skirts, and the best mini skirts.