The Best Summer Of 2014 Remixes--Yes!
August 18, 2014
By now, you’re probably sick of hearing John Legend’s “All of Me” when it plays on the radio (or on your Pandora or Rdio) for the fifty billionth time. And you wouldn’t be considered the most original DJ ever if you played Calvin Harris’ “Summer” at your next backyard party. BUT–what if you played Beyonce’s new-new remix of “Flawless” featuring Nicki Minaj (have you heard Bey’s verse about the elevator scuffle?!) or Hardwell’s mix of Coldplay’s “Sky Full of Stars” (way better than the original)? Ok, yea, now we’re talking.
Remixes are the answer to your mid-summer music slump. You loved “Fancy” back when it hit the charts in June, but hearing Iggy rap “First things first, I’m the realest” just doesn’t have the same effect that it did back then, does it? No. Enter the best Summer of 2014 Remixes–from Bastille to Rixton, Pharrel, Lil Jon and more. And don’t worry, we put them all (or almost all) in to one easy playlist on Spotify, so all you have to do is hit “Play” at your upcoming Labor Day barbecue. You are welcome.
1. “You & Me” by Disclosure, Flume Remix
2. “Fancy” by Iggy Azalea, Yellow Claw Remix
3. Beyonce Flawless feat. Nicki Minaj
4. “All of Me” by John Legend, Tiesto Birthday Treatment Remix
5. “Dark Horse” by Katy Perry feat. Juicy J, DJ AKS Remix
6. “Pompeii” by Bastille, Kat Krazy Remix
7. “Sky Full Of Stars” by Coldplay, Hardwell Remix
8. “Happy” by Pharrell Williams, Neus Remix
9. “Summer” by Calvin Harris, Club Killers Festival Trap Remix
10. “Latch” by Disclosure, T. Williams Club Remix
11. “Turn Down For What” by DJ Snake, Lil Jon, Juicy J, 2 Chainz, Official Remix
12. “Me and My Broken Heart” by Rixton, Lovelife Remix
And as a cherry on top, here are some epic Summer of ’14 mash-ups, too:
“Somebody Loves Summer” by Calvin Harris, Betty Who and Whitney Houston
“Feel So Close To Home” by Calvin Harris, Cash Cash and Bebe Rexh