The Only Acceptable Shoes For A Girl To Wear This Spring
March 12, 2014
As much as we love spring shopping, the whole process can be you know, pretty overwhelming. Especially with online shopping, there’s so many choices — so many cute choices that you want right now. What’s a girl to do? So we broke down the top seven shoes you should have in your closet come spring. And at least you now have the knowledge and choice to pick and choose which ones you really like. (Although we have to admit, you’re going to want every style.) See? Online shopping for spring isn’t so bad. Read our list below and click on the slideshow to see what’s in store. Happy buying!
1. Fashion Sneaker: If you were keeping up with the street style shots from Fashion Month then you’ll notice a slew of fashionable sneakers on the feet of editors, stylists, bloggers, buyers, models, etc. Fashion can be fun and all but a girl’s gotta be comfy too. Whether you prefer a coveted Isabel Marant wedge, a colorful J.Crew x New Balance sneaker, a minimal Adidas Stan Smith, or the brand new Nike wedge sneakers, we’re all about this trend for spring and beyond. It’s time to give our feet a break!
2. Heeled Mule: Ah the mule, as much as you want to hate this shoe, it’s back for spring and here to stay. But with a few pretty accents and a solid high heel by designers Celine, Chloe, Altuzarra, and more, we’re down to have a love/hate relationship with the slip-on shoe.
3. Flatbed Sandal: If you’re not into a leather sandal this spring, well, you’re in luck. A spin-off of the fashion sneaker, designers including Marc Jacobs and Jil Sander took note and created sports-inspired sandals for this season. Wear them through the summer too, just don’t actually attempt to play any sports in them.
4. Chunky Heel Sandal: A sandal is a given when it comes to spring. And if you’re looking for a pair with just the right amount of height, we suggest a pair with a chunky, midi-heel. They’re easy to walk in and super flattering.
5. The New Gladiator: Making a comeback along with the heeled mule is the gladiator sandal. (Anyone remember Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen wearing these bad boys back in 2007? Yup, total throwback.) And so your response to this type of style is most likely loving it or hating it. Majority of shoppers won’t be opting for the knee-high version (but if you do, get it, girl!), and so we suggest going for a style that hits right at the ankle or even up to the bottom of your calf. Wear them with shorts or slip them under your skinny jeans.
6. Embellished Espadrille: This is a fave. The espadrille has received some major makeovers throughout the seasons and we’re loving the results. Bright colors and laces? Check. Studs and leather? Check. White lace to wear under your wedding dress? They’re already a hit.
7. Perforated Bootie: Now for those nights out in the spring (it is open season, after all), there’s a new high-heel making waves in the fashion world. A bootie heel with perforated suede or leather. It can be a standard perforated cut-out or can get really intricate like this pair of laser-cut Vince Camuto Kalista heels ($139). They’re bound to be your statement heel of the season.
[Photo: Jake Rosenberg/The Coveteur]