This Little Monster Was Born With A Quirky Sense Of Style: 5 Lady Gaga-Inspired Trends
May 23, 2011
Lady Gaga sporting some of her signature looks.
In October we showed you the accessories that would make your Lady Gaga Halloween costume pop, and today we’re taking a look at 5 current trends inspired by The Fame Monster herself to celebrate the release of Lady Gaga’s much-anticipated second album “Born This Way.”
1. Leather: Photographed in leather boots, bows, and even bras, it’s safe to say that leather is a go-to for Gaga.
2. Over-sized hair bows: Lady Gaga’s hair bow made of hair (pictured above) became iconic instantly, making hair bows popular with more than just the elementary school set.
3. Geometric clothing: Geometry must have been Gaga’s favorite high school subject, because she incorporates shaped pieces into nearly all of her ensembles, most notably by sporting jacket and blazers with structured shoulders.
4. Lingerie: Bodysuits, bras, and pasties comprise a significant portion of Gaga’s wardrobe, and elements of lingerie such as lace and sheer fabric were seen all over the runways this year.
5. Leopard: Tights, biker shorts, catsuits…you name it, Lady Gaga has worn it in leopard, and this season exotic prints of all kinds are enjoying a moment in the fashion spotlight.