Top 5 Swimsuits for Moms, No Matter What Your Problem Area(s)
June 16, 2010
Okay, moms, we’re giving you that final push into the swimsuit section. Summer will officially be here next week, which means you cannot put off buying yourself a swimsuit any longer. I have a kid, so I know how scary strapping yourself into a swimsuit can be, but fear not–we searched and searched for the best swimsuits for moms and here they are. Whether you need to cover your C-section scar or can’t feel comfortable with those stretch marks on your hips showing (me), check out these amazing swimsuits made with moms in mind.
1. There’s so much to love about this J. Crew one-piece ($115). The halter neckline means you can adjust the straps according to how much support you need; the ruched bodice is perfect for disguising a less-than-toned tummy; and the elongated bodice means your butt won’t be hanging out.
2. Yes, the model is skinny, but you don’t have to be a size negative 0 to feel comfortable and sexy in this swimsuit ($80). Whether you’re still nursing or your breasts just never returned to their normal size, the wide straps on this suit offer maximum support. (It’s also available in a D-cup size.) And again, the ruching hides all midsection insecurities.
3. If you’re just not comfortable with your crotch or backside being exposed at all, try this chic bubble skirt ($96) by Spanx. It’s full-coverage, so pair it with one of the tankini tops and you’re good to go.
4. Another great option from Spanx is their swim dress ($149). The triangle top makes it a little sexy and less “grandma,” but there’s full swimsuit underneath that keeps you sucked in and the dress covers your bottom.
5. This Miraclesuit swimsuit ($144) works double duty: it’s made from a special fabric that creates a slim silhouette, while the ruching and the ruffle detail down the center also give the illusion of an hourglass figure. If you can do strapless, go for it; if not, the swimsuit comes with detachable straps.