Top Five Tried-and-True Tanners
May 25, 2007
You know you’re supposed to stay out of the sun. You know that the crispy look is out. But if summer demands you kick up the tan, we’ve collected some options that will leave you looking bronzed, not baked.
1. Dove Energy Glow Daily Moisturizer is a two-in-one that banishes scaly skin and tans so subtly that you won’t even notice it until people ask you, “Did you go to the beach this weekend?” If you’re looking for a natural tan in a double-duty bottle, check this out.
2. Sometimes you get pasty-legs panic just before a big event — when there’s no time to mess with tanner or wait for good results. Michael Kors Leg Shine is the last-minute savior of many a set of gams. With four shades to choose from, you can pick which one makes you look sun-kissed and not like an escapee from St. Tropez.
3. Nature’s Gate Happy Glow Lucky is organic, which is good news for your sensitive skin. It smells like hibiscus, which is a definite plus — no tan is worth smelling like medicine! But best of all, this tanner incorporates a moisturizer with UV protection, so you can keep the sun at bay and get your tan the organic way.
4. With results in two hours, it’s no wonder Clarins Self Tanning Instant Gel is a bestseller. Longer-lasting than many other self tanners, this offering from Clarins is so perfectly formulated that you don’t even have to hang around in a towel — you can apply and dress immediately. (Great news for all of us who want the tan without the time commitment!)
5. What’s your favorite bronzer? Tell us in the comments section!