Top Five: Built-In Bra Tanks, Because Layers Should Be Used Sparingly In The Summer
May 20, 2009
If we could get away with it, we’d pretty much always be wearing built-in bras – these tanks are great for layering under cardigans and silk scarves now, or heavier sweaters in the fall and winter.
1. The classic cotton-spandex strappy camisole ($24.50, 2 for $30) comes in black, white, and nude.
2. A halter ($24.50) with a built-in bra is ingenious for small-chested women – it’s just not worth wearing a strapless.
3. This long stretch tank ($12) has more coverage, so you can wear it on its own.
4. Hard Tail’s scoop neck tank ($54) has some extra detail, with a subtle textured stripe pattern.
5. The floaty shape and extra support make this camisole ($22.50) viable as a real shirt, not just a base layer.