What To Expect From Kim Kardashian's Wedding Special This Weekend (PLUS Video)
October 6, 2011
1. Drama. It’s actually refreshing when Khloe asks Kris if he’s being “opportunistic” by marrying the “rich and gorgeous” Kim; the rest of us were thinking that, right?! The couple had known each other for 6 months before they wed, and had never spent more than 10 consecutive days together, so doubts about their everlasting love are legit.
The couple talk name changes.
2. Shameless plugs. You bet your bottom dollar the folks who gave generously for this wedding (like Lorraine Schwartz who loaned $15 millions worth of jewels) get plenty of air time on the special. Look out for clear-as-day plugs for vendors Jennifer Naylor, Fancies, Georgetown Cupcakes, and Seven Daughters wine during the engagement party in Part 1 of the special.
3. (Typical) lavish spending. A $15,000 Hansens cake. $10,000 Lehr & Black wedding invitations. $15 million in jewelry, including a 20-carat engagement ring and 65-carat headpiece. Do not watch this special on an empty stomach — the overspending will make you nauseous.
4. Awkwardness (related to the cameras). Kim and Kris are mic’d up for their vows. The “dozens” of E! cameramen and producers were tripping over guests. Kim and Kris leave guests mid-reception to pose for People‘s exclusive photos. The bizarreness isn’t lost on us.
Awkward! Tabloids claim a “War of the Weddings”
5. Discord. Kim & Kris seem incredibly incompatible at times (ie. he lives in the real world, she’s Kim Kardashian). Again, this is refreshing, most couples bicker in the late planning stages; add the microscope of Kim’s tabloid fame and E!‘s intrusive cameras, and the result is TV gold.
Here comes the bride!
Shop our guides to the best simple bridesmaid dresses, long bridesmaid dresses, and satin wedding shoes.