You're Not Ready For A Summer Road Trip Without These 7 Essentials
July 1, 2014
One of our favorite things about summer is when you have summer Fridays and long weekends to road trip with friends. A couple of weeks ago, I took a two-day trip to Washington D.C. with, wait for it, my boss and it was actually a real blast. Besides trying to pinpoint every location we’d seen in House Of Cards and spot Jake Ballard lookalikes, we managed to cover a lot of ground and saw some beautiful sites and museums with ice cream stops along the way. Oh, and we got to test drive the new Toyota Highlander the whole way which was epic.
Its spacious leather interior easily fit all our bags and the center console was even large enough to fit our purses. The visibility is great and reduced vibration meant we had a smooth ride, which felt safe and sturdy as we drove on a rainy morning. It’s the perfect family or getaway car, seating up to eight people comfortably with great style, convenience and new technology features including touch screen controls and bluetooth for all your music streaming needs.
Quick summer getaways are great to take a much-needed, budget-friendly break, especially when you live in a city like New York. Planning a few of your own this summer? Here are some tips to help you out on your next getaway, whether near or far:
- Make sure you have a great summer playlist.
- Pack snacks ahead of time in your purse–Kind Bars are our fave.
- Bring one pair of comfortable walking shoes.
- Make sure you have a great pair of sunglasses.
- Hydrate–H20 is truly a must in the summer.
- Carry a phone charger–so you can take endless pics without battery loss warnings, obvi.
- Sunscreen–slather it on cause sunburns are not cute.