10 Creative Uses For Old Tights
January 22, 2016
When a pair of tights rips beyond repair, it’s sort of like a death in the family. I mean, I’m still mad at my roommate for stretching out my grey nylons (they were EVERYTHING). And that tumble down the stairs I took in my blue knee-highs—well, it still hurts to talk about. But there is a silver lining here (!!!) Your tights, like the phoenix, will rise from the ashes and start anew… No, they can no longer carry out their duty as legwear, but now they have the chance to be so much more.
Here are 10 amazing ways to recycle your old, torn (still super useful!) tights:
- Keep posters and other materials rolled-up by sticking them in one of your hose’s legs.
- Use as replacement stuffing for pillows.
- Use as a sponge for non-stick surfaces.
- Stretch them across your flower pot and you have a new liner!
- Fill them with kitty litter and place in window cracks and gaps to prevent drafts
- Remove deodorant stains from clothing by rubbing your tights in circles against the area. Game changer!
- Use your tights to polish metals that are easily scratched.
- Cut your tights up and use them to patch damaged screens.
- Stitch or sketch a design onto a pair of nude tights and wear a section on your arm as a faux (or ‘temporary’) tattoo. So much Halloween potential…
- Keep your hairbrush fresh! After you’ve cleaned your hairbrush, cut a 2×2 inch section of your tights and stretch it around and over the bristles of your brush. Simply remove and replace the material when your brush fills up with hair (ick).