Top 10 Reasons to Love Fall
October 4, 2011
1. Halloween. There’s the joy in wearing a silly costume (yes, even I get dressed up), the excitement of trick-or-treating, and the thrill of eating all the candy. You bet my kids have a blast on Halloween, but I enjoy it just as much.
2. Pumpkins. There’s pumpkin pie, pumpkin ice cream, pumpkin bread, and pumpkin Frapuccinos from Starbucks. I can go and on and it never gets old. Bring on the pumpkin desserts!
3. Cooler Weather. Hallelujah! I can finally turn off the AC and light up the fireplace. And the chunky sweaters? Heaven!
4. Boots. I’m a sandals and flip flops kind of girl, but I also have a soft spot for boots. And I’m a total sucker for baby girl boots. Apparently, so is my daughter.
5. Hearty Meals. Big bowls of chili, warm bowls of soup and easy crock pot dishes that make the entire house smell divine. What’s not to love about comfort food?
6. Pumpkin Patches. We’re lucky enough to live about five minutes away from a pumpkin patch, so the kids get to spend a lot of time picking out their own pumpkins, going on hay rides, and chomping on fresh grilled corn. If you haven’t been, you must!
7. Pumpkin Carving. It’s not as easy as it looks, but decorating and carving a pumpkin is very cool…messy, but cool. And don’t forget to toast the pumpkin seeds.
8. Fall Decorations. It’s a treat to see the streets in my neighborhood lined with porches decked out with pumpkins galore. Sure, we have a few bad apples with over-the-top scary decor, but we just walk right past them.
9. Cozy Days. Nothing beats a cold, rainy morning cuddling with the kids in bed underneath piles and piles of blankets.
10. Start of Holiday Season. The atmosphere is fun and festive, but I don’t have to worry about the full-on hectic holiday season…just yet.
What about you? What do you love about fall? Share in the comments below.
From treat bags to costume ideas, check out more of our great Halloween finds.
Sign up for our newsletter for even more great finds delivered right to your inbox.
Click here to email Farah, the author of this post.