10 Signs That You're Getting Married Too Young
January 27, 2012
When I caught a glimpse of that crazy viral video of those kids busting a move to Justin Bieber, I thought, “Wow — best prom EVER!” But as you probably know, it wasn’t a prom. Despite all the girlish shrieking and teen angst, the kid rocking the sideways ballcap was a groom. Yep, that was a wedding reception, not a semi-formal dance.
All the Bieber fever got us thinking about when is too young to get married. Sure, 18 is the legal age, but there are plenty of adults we know who act like teenagers — so when we say “too young,” we also mean too immature. Sorry, child brides, consider this a healthy dose of tough love. Ten signs you might be tying the knot too soon:
2. Your groom serenades you with Justin Bieber.
Baby, baby — you might want to wait a few more years to marry.
3. The Best Man has a fake ID. And his mom had to buy the booze for the bachelor party.
4. You’re planning a Halo-themed ceremony.
Also, you met online while playing Halo together. You know who that’s gonna impress? Your grandparents. Just kidding, they’ll totally never understand!
5. Your makeup trial was ripped from a Teen Vogue spread. Bonne Bell chapstick for everyone!
6. Your wedding cake is Lego-themed.
7. When the priest says “You may now kiss the bride” it will be your first kiss.
8. You’re wearing a Hello Kitty wedding dress.
9. Your wedding bands are from Hot Topic. Or feature dolphins dancing.
10. High school rivalries are tearing your wedding party apart. Go Spartans!