Don’t you love products that can be used for a lot more than what it’s advertised for? Enter: toothpaste. Toothpaste is one of those magical products that can be used in so many other ways than just dental hygiene. Keep on reading for ten ways to use toothpaste other than cleaning your teeth.
1. Polish a diamond ring. Put toothpaste on an old toothbrush and gently scrub your ring. Rinse off with water or remove residue with a damp cloth.
2. Remove scuffs from leather shoes. Add a bit of toothpaste to a scuffed leather shoe and watch it disappear. Rub toothpaste on the scuff mark with a clean cloth and wipe away!
3. Clean sneakers. Miss how clean the rubber part of your sneakers looked when you first bought them? Apply some toothpaste, wipe clean and they’ll be good as new!
4. Patch a small hole. Don’t spend money on spackle, patch a small hole with a little bit of toothpaste. Fill the hole with some toothpaste, scrape away excess and let it dry.
5. Clean an iron. You know how the bottom plate of an iron gets all gunky? Scrub toothpaste on a cool iron and wipe away all that gunk.
6. Wash the bathroom sink. Next time a glob of toothpaste falls into the sink while you’re brushing your teeth, put it to good use. Wipe it around the sink and rinse with water. Your sink will not only look clean, but it will also smell clean.
7. Spot treat blemishes. If you don’t know by now, toothpaste is a great alternative to over-the-counter acne medicine. Toothpaste works as a spot treatment, so please don’t go rubbing it all over your face. Simply dab a little toothpaste on the pimple before bedtime and it should help reduce the redness by morning.
8. Prevent a fogged mirror. Coat a bathroom mirror with toothpaste and wipe clean before you take a shower. Now you don’t have to worry about wiping away the fog and creating streaks in the mirror.
9. Stop itchy bug bites. Dab a bit of toothpaste on a bug bite and it will help soothe the itchiness and cool the skin.
10. Shine your nails. Toothpaste will help remove any dirt from your nails and will also restore the shine. Gently buff toothpaste on your nails and wipe clean.