10 Things To Do If You Think He's Going To Propose
February 14, 2012
Valentine’s Day is one of the most popular engagement days of the year — and if you’ve been in a committed relationship for some time, tonight may be your night (!). If you suspect he might be popping the question, make sure you’re prepared – this includes a manicured hand, fully charged iPhone and a great attitude:
1. Get a manicure. First stop, the nail salon (unless you’re really good at doing them yourself). Your digits are about to be the subject of countless photos and lots of attention. (“Let me see that ring!) Make sure your hand is not a hot mess, and get a mani STAT.
2. Pick out the perfect outfit. Easier said than done, right? Actually we already found the perfect outfit for you. You’re welcome.
3. Get a spray tan or facial. Kick your beauty regime up a notch; you want to look your very best (remember, you’ll have these photos forever!). If you have trouble skin or acne, hit the spa for a facial, or if you’re feeling particularly pale and pasty, a light spray tan may be your best friend.
4. Don’t tell anyone. You may be BEYOND excited for the proposal, and dying to tell your best friend or mom — don’t do it. God forbid it’s a false alarm (I’m sure it’s not) in which case you’ll have to do some back-tracking. Plus, you don’t want anyone to spoil the surprise. (“Oh, Jim, aren’t proposing to Megan tonight?” #fail).
5. Bring your iPhone. You’re going to want lots of picture — especially of your brand-new ring. Bring a fully-charge smart phone, and consider bringing back-up — like a digital camera or camcorder (just kidding — sort of).
6. Play it cool. Don’t let your man know you’re on to his plan — he’s been working on it for months, let him enjoy thinking that he’s catching you completely off guard. Everybody hates a ruined surprise!
7. Don’t pick a fight or be impatient. Good things come to those who wait. If he doesn’t get on bended knee right away — don’t lose your cool (see above). He’s probably waiting for that perfect moment — so go with the flow.
8. Don’t drink too much. Girlfriend: you want to remember this night, so stop guzzling the champagne and remember to eat something at dinner. Blacking out your engagement is so 2011. (Just kidding, it was never cool).
9. Relax, and enjoy! This is going to be one of the most memorable nights of your life! Don’t let nerves get the best of you. Enjoy every moment and don’t forget to take a picture or two.
10. Subscribe for the BRIDEfinds newsletter. The girls over at BRIDEfinds are veterans when it comes to everything from finding your gown on sale, to choosing your color scheme, picking your flowers and more! High tail over it there and subscribe to their newsletter now. Oh, and p.s. congrats!