When people think of the Grammys, they think of crazy red carpet outfits, ridiculous performances, and awards like record and album of the year. But did you know that there are actually 82 Grammy awards given in the night? Now we know we don’t see all 82 of those awards handed out, but still, that’s a lot of gold gramophones!
Even though there are awards for classical and metal music (do people still listen to those genres?), artists like Taylor Swift, Justin Timberlake and Katy Perry rule the night. But we don’t mind because we get to see things that only happen at the Grammys. Things that we can only get once a year. Things that we live for once a year. So here they are… 10 things that you have to watch out for at tonight’s Grammys:
– Lady Gaga’s Outfit: Everyone remembers when Lady Gaga rolled in as an egg, so who knows what she’ll do this year?
– Madonna’s Performance: We’re pretty sure that when Madonna’s 100, she’ll still be dancing around on stage in leotards.
– LL Cool J Hosting: How did he get the honor for the third year in a row? We have no idea.
– Anything Miley Cyrus: She’ll just be sitting in the audience and people will find a way to talk about her.
– Kelly Clarkson’s Baby Bump: We don’t particularly love Kelly’s style, so we’re hoping her maternity wardrobe is a little better.
– Blurred Lines Winning Record of the Year: This was basically the song of the summer, so we’re hoping it gets some praise.
– Jay Z and Beyonce On Stage: We’re most excited for this performance, only because it NEVER happens.
– If Taylor Swift Goes With The Fan Vote: Because Taylor just has so many hits, she asked her Twitter followers what they want her to play. The winner? “All To Well”.
– Will The Newbies Win?: Lorde and Macklemore & Ryan Lewis are all over the nominations board this year. Between the two, they’re up for 11 awards.
– Random Collabs: The Grammys always throws us something unexpected, and word on the street is that Daft Punk is performing with Stevie Wonder.