11 Reasons Why You Should Never Eat A Hot Dog, Like, Ever
September 29, 2016
Hopefully, you chose hamburgers over hot dogs this summer. If not, then this will bring you over from the dark side. In 2015, TIME submitted a Freedom of Information Act request to the U.S. Department of Agriculture to learn what foreign objects people had reported finding in their dogs.
Guys, the fact that this was even a reasonable thing for a publication to ask our government is disturbing. But the findings are even worse. Here are the most disgusting things people found in their hot dogs:
1) Two hairs “One was short, black and could have been facial hair. The second hair was thinner and was actually sticking out of the hot dog.”
2) Glass and potential mercury
3) A metal staple
4) A piece of bone, hard, jagged
5) Glass shards
6) The tip of a razor blade
7) A clump of hair or something rat-like
8) A large silverfish
9) A needle resembling an injection needle
10) A clump of hair (looks like eyelashes)
11) A dime
If this list didn’t make you want to hurl, there’s also a ton of health concerns about what’s in hot dogs, like half of the daily recommended salt intake and nitrates (which some say can cause cancer). So at your next BBQ, choose wisely.