We’re so excited about our book WEAR THIS NOW: Your Style Solution for Every Season and Any Occasion, published by Harlequin. And since we can’t wait for you to check it out in print at your nearest bookstore (next week!), we’re presenting our favorite bits to keep you stylishly satisfied. The average woman spends a whopping two years of her life standing in front of her closet, wondering why she can’t find a single thing to wear, so our book is a reference to keep on hand during those epic closet stares.
Here’s an excerpt, especially for you, on how to win those epic staring contests with your closet.
- Statement shoes over show-stopping jewelry.
- Pair short skirts with thick tights and sturdy boots.
- Temper floral print dresses with neutral olive parkas or leather jackets.
- Mix and match slouchy layers with flirty skirts.
- If necklaces aren’t your thing, try lots of bangles or chunky cocktail rings instead.
- Take playful printed dresses from day to night by changing shoes.
- Don’t be afraid to pile jewelry on all in one place—bangles, necklaces, rings.
- Avoid overly processed hair and bronzers. Go natural—loose locks and bare skin with just a pop of blush.
- When layering, try structured blazers instead of sweaters for an edgier look.
- Ditch the ginormous “It” bag in favor of small crossbody bags or chain strap purses.
- Pair slim fit jeans with boots and blazers.
- Try plaid slim fit tops with black jeans and flats for daytime dates.
- Don’t be afraid to add fun embellishments like fur (faux is fine!) and metallic to add interest.
Get more insider tips from WEAR THIS NOW, by SHEfinds Founder and CEO Michelle Madhok and SHEfinds Senior Editor, Eileen Conlan.