13 Ways To Use Vaseline That You Never Thought Of Before
June 8, 2015
Vaseline is a wonderful thing. Besides it being great for chapped lips, Vaseline has other uses in the world of beauty that most people would never think of. It’s also a way cheaper option than most beauty products out there. Check out the list below for 13 unusual uses for Vaseline.
1. Allow perfume scent to last longer. Did you know that fragrances last longer on moisturized skin? Rub a little Vaseline where you want to spray your perfume and then spritz away. Do not rub your wrists together as this changes the way your fragrance smells due to the friction between your wrists.
2. Make your own exfoliator. Mix some sugar or sea salt with Vaseline for a moisturizing exfoliator! It’s so simple and a lot cheaper than buying one.
3. Keep cuticles moisturized. I’m a huge believer in moisturizing cuticles because it keeps your nails looking fresh and healthy. Use a small dab of Vaseline for all of your fingers and simply massage into your cuticles.
4. Protect skin while coloring hair. If you’re dyeing your hair at home, be sure to rub Vaseline along your hairline and the back of your neck. That way you’ll create a barrier for the hair dye and your skin won’t get stained!
5. Soothe cracked heels. This one is kind of a given but most people still don’t do it! If you suffer from severely cracked heels, massage Vaseline into your heels and cover with cotton socks. Wear them overnight and your heels will be on the way to softness.
6. Define your lashes. If you don’t like wearing mascara but still want to define your lashes, swipe on Vaseline for definition. Vaseline is also rumored to help grow lashes, so apply it overnight and see if it actually works over time!
7. Aid earring insertion. Sometimes it’s hard to push an earring through your ear. Coat the stud with a little Vaseline and the earring should slide right through.
8. Use as a highlighter. Instead of using expensive highlighters, dab a bit of Vaseline on your cheekbones for an instantly dewy look.
9. Tame your eyebrows. Keep your brows in place with Vaseline. Rub your fingers along your eyebrow to distribute the product and your brows will stay in place all day.
10. Eye makeup remover. Another old trick but it works so well. Use a cotton swab coated with Vaseline to remove any eye makeup.
11. Protect your nose. Throughout the winter I’m constantly rubbing Vaseline around my nostrils to prevent redness and irritation. This is also great if to suffer from allergies and are constantly blowing your nose.
12. Heal a sunburn. If you forget to wear SPF or didn’t wear enough, soothe your sunburn with Vaseline. Apply a generous amount to the affected area. This will also moisturize your skin so it’ll help prevent peeling.
13. Remove shoe scuffs. Rub some Vaseline over the scuff, buff it out and it will disappear.
Do you have other unusual uses for Vaseline?