When it comes to finishing off an outfit with both simplicity and a statement, little does the job like a big cuff. Less fussy than a cocktail ring and more casual than dangly earrings, it’s the most throw-it-on-and-go member of the jewelry family. We especially love them in summer, where they work just as well with your swimsuit as they do with your fave black dress at a cocktail party.
1. This gorgeous “Poppy” hammered cuff by Rachel Leigh ($91) sports real coral cabochons; it’s richly textured and bright enough that you could wear it (and almost nothing ese) with a simple t-shirt dress or cutoffs and look pulled-together.
2. We found this hammered, silver item at Chico’s ($36) –simple, modern and much more pricey-looking than its humble pricetag.
3. This intricate, enameled cuff by Kenneth Jay Lane ($210) is both polished and whimsical and perfect for the season–it’s inspired by sea coral.
4. Check out this cool zipper-cuff by eco-friendly designer Alkemie ($210)–made completely from reclaimed metals, it manages to be edgy and elegant at the same time
5. This floral-patterned cuff by Nine West ($50) has just a little rock-and-roll to it; it’ll look great with your favorite jeans or a simple maxi-dress.
For more great statement jewelry ideas check out our guide to jewelry staples, or score some pieces that actually flatter your figure (who knew?). See what the stars are strutting in our celebrity jewelry guide. And don’t forget to check our weekly guides to sample sales and tag sales to find the best deals out there on the Web.