Waiting in line and pushing through crowds is for people without smart phones. Forget what the 6 o’clock news says about Black Friday: with these 5 genius apps, you’ll be breezing through checkout like a pro.
1. Determine if the Black Friday deal is in fact the best of the year with LetShop ($1.99). Track prices over long periods of time, get real time alerts, scan barcodes and get notified when the prices drop.
2. The Daily Shopper is a free app that brings all of the deals from the big box stores together in one place. Perfect if you’re really only interested in hitting Wal-Mart, Target and Best Buy but can’t deal with the crowds.
3. Get an email from Pricegrabber (free) when the prices of your holiday gifts drop. So you can actually have a life.
4. Don’t fall into the trap of buying stuff you don’t need: Santa’s Bag ($1.99) helps you keep track of who needs what AND tallies your budget.
5. If you’re dead set on hitting the mall, make sure you download FastMall, which gives turn-by-turn directions so don’t get lost.
Check out the best sales and deals, best find of the day picks and our guides to the best stylish rain boots, trench coats, leather jackets, military jackets and bright handbags, too.