I think it’s important to carve enough time out of your morning to eat breakfast. Unfortunately, everyone always seems to be on-the-go and barely has enough time to put on makeup, let alone eat a balanced breakfast. Even if you find yourself running out the door every morning, it’s still important to make sure you eat breakfast. Here are five on-the-go breakfast options that will get you through your busy morning.
1. Overnight oats. I’m a huge fan of overnight oats because they are incredibly easy to make, are extremely customizable to taste and can last up to three days in the fridge so you can make them ahead of time! Pour the desired amount of rolled oats into a mason jar and cover the oats with your choice of milk. You can add in chia seeds, honey, fruit, yogurt, cocoa powder and whatever else comes to mind. Store in the fridge overnight and grab it on your way out the door!
2. Smoothie. These can be made so many different ways and only take, like, less than a minute to blend. My favorite smoothie consists of a banana, almond milk, cocoa powder, peanut butter and cinnamon. It’s de-lish!
3. Fruit and yogurt parfait. Oo, gettin’ all fancy now. Layer your favorite yogurt and fruit (plus toppings!) in a mason jar and you’re good to go!
4. Mini egg muffins. Before your week starts, whip up a batch of mini egg muffins! These are basically a miniature version of a frittata. Feel free to add in veggies and cheese to make them even more filling.
5. Avocado toast. It’s super easy to make and doesn’t take a lot of time. Plus, it doesn’t require utensils so you can eat it on your way to work.
Now you don’t have an excuse to not eat breakfast in the morning. You’re welcome.