5 Remedies For Chin Acne That The Experts Swear By
August 24, 2016
Did you know that the location of your acne can mean different things? In Chinese medicine, the location of acne spots on your face can be indicative of bigger problems (read more here). Yes, your pimples are kind of like a horoscope for your body. So if you suffer from acne on your chin, many dermatologists believe the cause is primarily hormonal.
According to Total Beauty, when you change birth control, become pregnant, or are having hormonal problems, you’re more likely to experience breakouts around the chin and jaw. If your chin acne appears monthly, the cause is most likely hormonal. The best remedy for hormonal acne is to see a doctor. You might need to change your birth control. You should see a dermatologist if your chin acne is persistent. Often times, it takes a prescription-strength product to fight hormonal acne.
However, stress and poor diet can also be triggers of chin acne. If you don’t think your problem is hormonal, here are a few remedies to help get rid of chin acne:
- Evaluate the products that you are using. If the acne is new and focused around your mouth, it might be the result of a new lip product or toothpaste.
- Avoid touching your face with your hands. Even as I’m typing this article, I find myself carelessly resting my chin in my hand. This can transfer bacteria from your hands to your face and cause pimples.
- Try adding the Herbivore Lapis Oil Balancing Facial Oil ($72) to your skincare routine. I suffered from mild acne on my chin and this stuff completely changed my skin for the better. It reduces redness and clarifies my skin with without clogging pores. Plus, it’s super hydrating and balances out my skin.
- Examine your diet. What you eat can affect your skin. Diary in particular can result in breakouts.
- Keep in mind that there are no special products specifically for chin acne. If you have a blemish on your chin, try a spot treatment like tea tree oil.