Whenever a new iPhone is being released people tend to get a little cray cray. There are always tons of rumors and speculation as to what the newest features are going to be and why it’s better than the version before it. If you haven’t heard or read by now, the newest iPhone should be making its debut sometime really soon…like, this month.
A lot of people in the tech world are expecting the iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus to be released sometime in September because that’s when the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus were released. Also, Apple has sent out press invites to an official iPhone event marked for September 9 in San Francisco at the Bill Graham Civic Auditorium. On that note, here are five speculations about the new iPhone.
1. It won’t bend. YouTuber Lewis Hilsenteger of Unbox Therapy uploaded a video of what appears to be an iPhone 6s. According to his analysis using a metal reader, the iPhone 6 is comprised of a common type of aluminum but the iPhone 6s, however, is made of “aluminum 7000” that contains a small amount of zinc. Zinc is stronger than aluminum, which leads him to believe the new iPhone will not create another “Bendgate” situation.
2. Pink is coming. There’s a lot of talk of a rose gold iPhone 6s because pictures were leaked on a Chinese site featuring pink-colored phones.
3. Force Touch will be a game-changer. Depending on how light or hard you press on your phone, it will allow you to “shortcut” actions, according to a report. Apple’s Force Touch technology is already being used on the new MacBook trackpad and the Apple Watch.
4. New camera features. Apparently, the camera for the iPhone 6s is going to be the equivalent to a DSLR camera. There’s talk of a “two lens system” and a jump from an 8-megapixel camera to 12-megapixel. Woah.
5. Sapphire display. The new iPhone is said to be made with a sapphire display rather than the current Gorilla Glass. Thus, having a higher resistance to scratches and shatter.
Remember, these are all theories about the new features and none of this information will be confirmed until the new iPhone is unveiled.