Still deciding on what to get your mom for Mother’s Day? How about doing a mother-daughter spa day? That way you can get some well-deserved pampering, too! And to make sure your day goes as smoothly as can be, we’ve asked SpaFinder’s Sallie Frankel to share her favorite spa tips. Enjoy!
1. Make a day of it… Treat your mom to brunch, or plan ahead to find a great place to have lunch near your favorite spa. Also, many day spas now offer lunch. Inquire at the spa you select.
2. Be sure to handle everything… Don’t let mom reach for her wallet; bring cash for tips so mom doesn’t have to worry about the cost of anything!
3. Side-by-side treatments… Redefine the ‘Couple’s Massage’ – it doesn’t have to be just for love birds! Getting a couple’s massage, where you receive massages simultaneously by two masseurs, with your mom ensures that you’ll get to maximize your bonding time and get in a little extra chit-chat and catching up. And if your mom has never had a massage, she might really enjoy having you with her the first time. We also recommend manicures/pedicures as another great side-by-side treatment!
4. Pick up her favorite product… Did your mom just love the moisturizer her facial technician used or does her favorite spa have a signature product line? Purchasing her favorite product allows mom to take home the experience.
5. Try somewhere new…Check out SpaFinder.com to read reviews and treatment details so that even if your mom has a go-to spa you can create a tradition all your own by finding a place that is special for the two of you. Using filters as you search on SpaFinder, you can find a spa that has exactly what you are looking for and even book your appointments online.
P.S. One more tip…book your appointments ASAP!
Want some jewelry instead? Shop for personalized mommy jewelry in our buying guides.
Sign up for the MOMfinds.com newsletter to get even more finds delivered right to your inbox.
Click here to email Farah, the author of this post.