Does your mini-me want to grill up a great barbecue like you did this 4th of July? Try some of these cool alternatives to keep the heat away from little hands while letting them cook up their own play celebration.
1. A play barbecue set ($110) is a deluxe way to emulate mom and dad. It’s soup to nuts (and meat to condiments) as far as pretend grills go, and in addition to just being darn cute, it encourages role play and organizational skills.
2. Help them build the burger of their dreams with this barbecue Play-Doh set ($20). It’s a great activity to keep your little one occupied while the real food gets grilled.
3. Everything’s better with bubbles, and this Gazillion Bubble BBQ ($16) makes sure your children will have plenty to chase around the yard.
4. This apron, mitt, chef’s hat and grilling safety card set ($17) is great for helping your child dress the part. The safety card is also a great way to teach him/her early about being safe around the grill
5. Okay, so it’s a rip-off of a classic (and classier) game, but this Grillin-Opoly board game ($25) is a fun game to bring to a neighbor’s barbecue (and the real gift is keeping the kids entertained while the adults relax).