6 Ways To Jazz Up A Classic Grilled Cheese Sandwich
November 4, 2015
Grilled cheese sandwiches are one of my favorite foods. They are delicious, comforting and so easy to make. The best part about grilled cheese sandwiches is that they are extremely versatile and customizable. Here are six ways to take your grilled cheese to the next level.
1. BTC. Bacon, tomato, cheese. Yup, that’s happening. Use any cheese you’d like, add bacon and tomato and enjoy a BTC.
2. Fruit. Melt together brie cheese, pears, arugula and fig spread on a piece of ciabatta bread for a seriously fancy grilled cheese.
3. Avocado. Obviously, avocados make everything better. Sun-dried tomatoes, avocado and cheddar cheese is the perfect combination!
4. Hawaiian. Update a classic Monte Cristo sandwich (ham and cheese) with pineapple! It’s a Hawaiian version of a French classic.
5. Nutella. Spread Nutella and ricotta challah bread, layer with sliced banana and cook until golden.
6. Cheese…and more cheese. The best part of a grilled cheese is the cheese. Melt together cheddar, swiss and muenster cheese together.
There are seriously endless possibilities to grilled cheese sandwiches. Experiment and try different things until you find the best combo!