Once people in your age group start getting married, you know what happens next–babies! And we’ll admit, baby showers aren’t usually that exciting. To make sure guests have a good time, here are seven games they’ll actually enjoy.
1. Baby Word Scramble. Come up with a list of baby-related words or phrases (think: bassinet, pacifier, bottle, etc.). Scramble the letters of each word, print your list and put one at each guest’s place setting. As the guest of honor opens each gift, the guests will try to find the corresponding words. The first guest to finish the scramble gets a prize.
2. Sign the T-shirt. While it’s not necessarily a game, it is a cute way to keep guests occupied. Buy a T-shirt and some fabric pens, and then have guests write words of encouragement and love for the mom-to-be. She can then wear the T-shirt while she’s in labor to serve as inspiration when the pain is seems too hard to take.
3. Celebrity Baby Name Game. Celebs come up with some really weird names for their kids (hello Moxie Crimefighter). Test your guests’ star knowledge by matching the celeb with their kid’s name.
4. Mom Advice. Ask each guest to write down their best parenting advice for the guest of honor. It can be funny, touching, practical, etc. Then as the mom-to-be opens each gift, the person who gave it to her can stand up and read their words of wisdom.
5. Movie Title Madness. Each table of guests tries to name Hollywood movies with “baby” in the title (Three Men and a Baby; Million Dollar Baby; etc.). The table that comes up with the most titles gets a prize.
6, Make A Card. Bring in some arts and crafts supplies–blank note cards, markers and pens, stickers, etc.–so that guests can make birthday cards for baby that can be opened each year. Assign each guest an age (1 to 21; depending on the number of guests you might need to assign the same number to more than one person), and then have her create a birthday card for the little one. Guests should design and decorate their cards, as well as include a message, so the child will have a special card to open each year on her birthday.
7. Baby Mug Shots. Collect baby pictures from guests when they arrive. Tape the pictures to one big poster board and put a number under each one. The object of the game is to match the photo with the guest. The person with the most correct picks wins a prize.