Once again, the weekend is here. And in case you’re anticipating an awkward encounter or two, feel free to read up on our new roundup of the week. A little something to get the conversation ball rolling. Take a look:
- Looks like we’re not the only ones busting our butts to drop a few pounds: Pepsi cans are getting a little liposuction lately with their slimmer physiques.
- Fashion entrepreneurs Mary Kate & Ashley Olsen have extended their couture line, The Row, to now include menswear. Maybe their brother got jealous.
- Move over J Brand and 7 For All Mankind, Ralph Lauren is taking a stab at high-end denim. Enter Ralph Lauren Collection Denim, coming to a closet near you.
- Michelle Obama lays down the law…when it comes to her two daughters. Malia and Sasha are not permitted to use Facebook or Twitter. Looks like no poking for the Obamas.
- Yikes – welcome to Splitsville, USA, Ashlee Simpson. And right before Valentine’s Day too. We hope she still gets a little gift (or two).
- Tennessee lawmaker Julia Hurley gives credit to her old job for the woman she is today. Her old job? Hooters. Apparently, Hooters helps the government.
- Now that Net-A-Porter has their own print magazine, we were thrilled to find out Alexa Chung will be showing her face on the cover. Makes us want to read it.