I absolutely love everything about honey. Besides smelling good and tasting great, honey is really good for us but only the raw, organic kind. Most honey sold in stores (you know, in the bear-shaped bottle) are stripped of all their natural enzymes and probiotics because they are pasteurized at a very high heat. Raw honey can be used for way more than just sweetening a drink or food. Here are seven ways to use honey.
1. Wash your face. My best friend swears by raw honey as a face wash. Raw honey gently removes any traces of oil and helps with breakouts. It won’t strip your skin of its natural oils, either. Raw honey is great for all skin types, especially those with sensitive skin since it’s gentle.
2. Relieve a hangover. If you drank a tad too much the night before, soothe a hangover with honey! Honey is packed with fructose, so you’ll speed up metabolism. A few tablespoons should do the trick!
3. Get a boost of energy. Skip the energy bars before a workout and have some honey. Carbohydrates are an essential part of working out and honey is packed with carbs…17 grams per tablespoon to be exact. Honey can also be used to replace your morning cup of coffee! It’s a natural and healthier way for an energy boost.
4. Soothe sore throats. This one is a given. Honey antibacterial properties and works as an anti-inflammatory so it will ease the pain of a sore throat and cough.
5. Moisturize your cuticles. Most beauty products include honey because it is an humectant, which means it retains moisture. Massage a little honey onto your cuticles to keep them soft and nourished.
6. Hair treatment. Honey will do wonders for your hair. It treats dandruff, reduces frizz and repairs dead ends. Honey will also soften your hair as well as keep the moisture in tact.
7. Heal cuts and scrapes. As mentioned above, honey is a natural antibacterial. Clean the cut/scrape and simply apply raw honey and cover with gauze or a band aid.