7 Ways To Use Newspaper--From Cleaning Windows To Ripening Tomatoes
December 8, 2015
Not only is newspaper great for keeping up with current trends, but you can also use it for many things other than reading. Keep on reading to find seven different ways to use newspaper besides reading.
1. Wipe away streaks on glass. Clean mirrors and windows with a piece of newspaper and cleaning fluid. You won’t be left with any streaks!
2. Deodorize food containers. Since newspaper soaks up moisture, it will suck the odorous moisture left in a food container. Place a balled up piece of newspaper in the container overnight.
3. Dry shoes. Crumble a few pieces of newspaper and stuff it inside your shoes to get rid of the moisture.
4. Ripen tomatoes. Wrap tomatoes individually in newspaper and leave out at room temperature.
5. Keep the fridge fresh. Line your produce drawers with newspaper to keep the smell fresh and the moisture out.
6. Grow a garden. When planting new seeds for a garden, spread them between damp sheets of newspaper.
7. Prevent a windshield from icing. Don’t wake up early to de-ice your windshield. Lay a couple pieces of newspaper on the windshield and secure it in place with each wiper.