8 Types Of Swimsuits Every Woman Should Own For Summer & Beyond
June 21, 2014
First things first, happy summer everyone! The season we’ve all been waiting for is finally here. So we decided to kick it off with an epic guide to all the swimwear you need this year and every one after. Yes, these are all classics that never go out of style. Whether you’re into one pieces or bikinis, you’re bound to find one that you’ll be proud to show off that rockin’ beach bod in. Read on to learn about which bathing suits every woman should own. Then check out our slideshow to shop ’em all and then go hang by some body of water, will ya?
1. Neon: Summer is the time to wear color, so why not go all out with a blindingly bright shade? Plus these colors always look bomb against your tan.
2. Mara Hoffman: We’ve always loved the designer for her vibrant prints that practically scream summer. But this year it feels like she’s around more than ever. Jessica Simpson posted a #selfie looking HOT in a Mara Hoffman one piece, and tons of other celebs are fans of her too. You can’t go wrong with one of her beautiful patterned suits.
3. String Bikini: Aka, the basic b*tch of bikinis–but always a reliable choice. It’s the look guys dig since it’s the least amount of coverage. So if that’s what you’re going for…
4. Black One Piece: Everyone knows black is slimming, and nothing is sexier than a jet-colored one piece. Just think of it as your summer LBD.
5. Printed: Just looking at bold, colorful, printed bathing suits is enough to get you excited for summer. From florals and geometric shapes, these eye-catching pieces will always stand out on the beach and at pool parties.
6. Retro: Think this style isn’t flattering? Think again. The high-waist bikini basically hides all sins, and the one piece with a bustier is sexy without being slutty.
7. Bandeau Bikini: My personal favorite since it eliminates strap tan lines. You can find styles that get narrower in the middle between your boobs so the tan line isn’t as drastic there.
8. Reversible: So many reasons why this style rocks. It’s a 2 for 1 deal AND you can wear it with the same crew of people and no one will know!