Let the countdown begin. With only a handful of shopping days left before Santa arrives, it’s time to lay your cards on the table and admit what you really want for Christmas. Still not sure? Take a look at the top five gifts I’d love to find under my tree.
1. The Lanvin Patent Shopper gets top billing. This gorgeous bag holds anything, and its modern sheen makes any ensemble look ultra chic. But with the sky-high price of $1,600, I might have to keep dreaming. Stylish alternatives are the Sigrid Olsen patent tote ($228) or the cracked patent Luxembourg Shopper by Andrea Brueckner (borrow it for just $26/week at BagBorroworSteal.com).
2. Made Her Think Jewelry is inspired by concepts of romance, mortality, and spirituality. The pieces are provocative and one of a kind. I covet the Sentimental Skull Ring ($77) embedded with baby Swarovski crystals.
3. As we’ve noticed this season, extra long gloves are on the rise. As seen on the most fashionable women about town, these gloves create an elegant look while providing extra warmth. And when you find an affordable pair made from cashmere ($47.70), well, that’s just plain heaven.
4. Even if there’s nothing left to put in it after holiday shopping, the Marc Jacobs quilted leather wallet ($395) is a chic gift I’d be thrilled to receive.
5. Perfumer Christopher Brosius has created a collection of unique fragrances for his line, CB I Hate Perfume. Among my favorites is Winter 1972 ($60), which magically bottles everything splendid about the season – from the crisp white snow to the warm fire and delicious eggnog. This scent and others are available on his website.