Angelina Jolie was spotted recently on the set of her newest film, The Changeling, decked out in 1920s attire. So is it a coincidence that era-inspired fashions have been popping up left and right this season? Considered nouveau vintage, designers like Christian Dior, Dolce & Gabbana, and Prada are showcasing pieces that are a throwback to the roaring 20s. Get in the spirit of the decade with these nostalgic treasures that will make you feel like swingin’ it at the gin joint with a bottle of moonshine and a Dapper Dan by your side.
1. Jewelry designer Lisa Salzer uses such eclectic items as antique belt buckles and silver liquor tags for her vintage line, Lulu Frost. No two pieces are alike, which makes this jewelry exceptionally rare. My favorites include the marchasite monogram necklace ($550) and antique glass feather pendant ($450).
2. The cloche hat is a must for the modern bearcat, and Artikal N.Y.C. offers an amazing variety of colors and styles ($140). If the cloche is not to your liking, try a fedora or newsboy instead.
3. Vera Wang Faux Fur Wrap from Kohl’s is an elegant must-have for the wintry nights ahead (on sale for $21).
4. Laundry By Shelli Segal makes a stylish classic evening bag ($137) in midnight velvet that will flatter any modern flapper.
5. The Linea Paolo Lonna Oxford ($130) is a modern take on the vintage staple. The two-toned patent leather and grosgrain laces boost these shoes towards the 21st century while the nostalgic shape keeps the flapper era at hand. They are available in silver and black or caramel and chocolate brown.