Lucky enough to have received a new iPhone 4s or iPad over the holiday? You know you’re going to have to share, right? With your kid, of course!
Whether you’ve got a long car trip planned or your little one has a tendency to freak out in restaurants, here are 10 toddler apps no mom should be without.
1. LunchBox. This adorable app helps your tot identify shapes, complete puzzles and matching games that help boost your kid’s memory. All that and it’s free!
2. ABC Letter Tracing. This app is pretty no-frills but that’s why I like it. There’s not much to distract your kid from practicing the simple art of tracing bother upper- and lower-case letters.
3. MonkeyMath. Because it’s never too early to lay the groundwork for math, this amazing app teaches your kid to basics of addition, subtraction and identifying groups of numbers. When your kid successfully completes 3 quizzes, he/she gets to pick a prize.
4. TeachMe: Kindergarten. If your toddler is ready for a challenge, this is the perfect app. He/she can practice addition, subtraction, spelling and Dolch sight words.
5. Team Umizoomi Math: Zoom Into Numbers. If your kid loves the show, he/she will love the game. This app had 5 fun math games with Milly, Geo and Bot.
6. Preschool Memory Match. This app is all about memory. There are tons of different matching games that feature everything from animals to musical instruments and there’s an easy, medium and hard level.
7. Pre-K Letters and Numbers. Not only will this app help your kid identify words with certain letter sounds, but your kids will also have the chance to practice writing and tracing numbers and letters.
8. Counting 123. I think this app is pretty boring, but my daughter loves it. There are a bunch of different scenes where you kid can practice counting fishes, dresses, grasshopper leaps and more.
9. ABC Alphabet Phonics. This is a great app for younger toddlers just learning their letters. It displays a group of letters and asks your child to identify a particular one. It’s simple, but will definitely keep your kid occupied for a few minutes.
10. Dora’s Skywriting ABC’s. Of all the Dora apps, this one is the best because it teaches your kid to ID letters, writer letters and associate letters with their correct sounds.
Have other faves? Share your thoughts on the best toddler apps in the comments.
Sign up for our newsletter to get even more finds delivered right to your inbox.
Click here to email Jeanine, the author of this post.